Civic X
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX 2016
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi All,
I am planning on installing some Alpine 610C on my 2016 civic. My question is, before I receive the goodies, are the rear deck speakers components? I got 2 pairs of components.
Thx
Sponsored

x6369x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
On my '17 EX, the stock tweeters are integrated into the rear deck.

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear speaker replacement questions 20180119-124724-nb

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
So how accurate is Crutchfield's fitting guide? I want to buy these speakers, but Crutchfield says they do not fit the rear deck because of mounting height. Has anyone tried the Kappa 62ix?

https://www.frys.com/product/9360490

Reason I was checking is when you sign up for their email, they send you a code that drops it down to $69

steviiee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
So how accurate is Crutchfield's fitting guide? I want to buy these speakers, but Crutchfield says they do not fit the rear deck because of mounting height. Has anyone tried the Kappa 62ix?

https://www.frys.com/product/9360490

Reason I was checking is when you sign up for their email, they send you a code that drops it down to $69
Lol, I saw that deal also and was wondering why it wont fit.

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, I saw that deal also and was wondering why it wont fit.
I went ahead and ordered them...sonic shows that it should fit, crutchfield told me it would have to be a custom fit and their mounting bracket won't fit (was asking about a component set anyways for the front)...figured would be harder to get to the rear speakers then to figure out how to mount them

steviiee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
I went ahead and ordered them...sonic shows that it should fit, crutchfield told me it would have to be a custom fit and their mounting bracket won't fit (was asking about a component set anyways for the front)...figured would be harder to get to the rear speakers then to figure out how to mount them
I decided not to get it since I heard that you'll need an amp just to make them sound decent also. I just wanted to replace my front speakers

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I decided not to get it since I heard that you'll need an amp just to make them sound decent also. I just wanted to replace my front speakers
Fry's emailed me that they canceled my order because of high demand...I may just find some low cost front speakers and replace them since it should be easy....did you find any that you liked?
Sponsored