GBD

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Has anyone bought and installed replacement rear shock/struts for the 10th Si's?

My Si Coupe was hit this past week while parked in the driver side rear. Luckily the bumper has minimal damage however the car was pushed into the curb damaging the passenger side wheel and rear suspension. I brought it to the dealer hoping I could fix the noticeable steering misalignment with a 4-wheel alignment but I was told the rear shock where the wheel got pushed into the curb was bent and they wouldn't do an alignment until that was fixed.

They unfortunately didn't take any pictures. My original thought was the rear would be easy to swap my self (was quoted $980 for the dealer to replace the one bent shock), but the price for just one OEM shock online seems to be close to $400 which is higher than I'd expect - Link

Original plan for the car was to go lowering springs w/ the adaptive suspension but if a replacement shock is truly $400 thinking coilovers might be a better value assuming I will pay out of pocket for most of the costs.

Alignment numbers taken (rear toe measurement did not read):
Honda Civic 10th gen Rear shock bent after hit-run collision IMG_2634
Sponsored

Last edited: