thew23

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
So has anyone looked into a rear seat cover for the Type R? I was looking on the parts website for College Hills Honda and it lists 4 options, but when I called College Hills, they said there isn't one specifically made for the Type R. The ones listed on their site are for the other trim levels, but they say they will fit the Type R. I don't care about covering up the middle area that has the cup holders. I just want a seat cover to protect the seats from my kids. My wife's Pilot has the Honda rear seat cover in it that is made from a wetsuit like material and it is great so that is what I was looking for. I was just curious if anyone had tried the seat covers made for other trim levels to see if anything would work. I think the main issue will be the center section since the other trim levels have a headrest there and the Type R doesn't.
Sponsored

OMGSIIK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 S2000, 2018 Type R
Country flag
I looked into the oem seat covers as well but I believe the other trims' rear seats have the center headrest. I really don't think it will fit the R without having excess material there.

OP
OP
thew23

thew23

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Do you have any idea if you can just buy the bottom seat cover and not a cover for the upper portion of the seat?

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
I was looking for a rear seat cover for my CTR as well. Hoping you found something and you wouldn't mind sharing what you came up with and what your experience is/was. Thanks!
@thew23

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
I was looking for a rear seat cover for my CTR as well. Hoping you found something and you wouldn't mind sharing what you came up with and what your experience is/was. Thanks!
@thew23
Just a quick update on my visit at Wet Okole today. A little bit of history. My CTR will be the 6th vehicle I have custom covers from them,, not including my parent's Avalon and ES300. Started with my 95 GSR, 2k Accord, 2k Odyssey, 02 IS300 Sportcross, 12 Tacoma TRD, and 12 Mazda CX-9. All of the covers have been custom designed and appear very OEM. They have lasted very well and when they were removed when I sold some of the above vehicles, the seats were in excellent condition.

So today, their rep, Noeme, helped me out and I decided to go with a red and carbon fiber combo in the fronts and black and CF in the rears. The owner said this was his first CTR so he is using mine to take measurements. I did the same thing back in 2k with my Odyssey and that was for 3 rows. Now it's just a waiting game (approx 6 weeks) to have them made and installed. Will keep you updated.

civicArrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Just a quick update on my visit at Wet Okole today. A little bit of history. My CTR will be the 6th vehicle I have custom covers from them,, not including my parent's Avalon and ES300. Started with my 95 GSR, 2k Accord, 2k Odyssey, 02 IS300 Sportcross, 12 Tacoma TRD, and 12 Mazda CX-9. All of the covers have been custom designed and appear very OEM. They have lasted very well and when they were removed when I sold some of the above vehicles, the seats were in excellent condition.

So today, their rep, Noeme, helped me out and I decided to go with a red and carbon fiber combo in the fronts and black and CF in the rears. The owner said this was his first CTR so he is using mine to take measurements. I did the same thing back in 2k with my Odyssey and that was for 3 rows. Now it's just a waiting game (approx 6 weeks) to have them made and installed. Will keep you updated.
That sounds awesome - I looked into getting something done by them custom as well but couldn't leave my TypeR at the time. That was a few years ago and forgot about it when I got busy. I'd love to set a set now. Are you doing the front and rear? And are they will they be using the measurements to start their run of Type R Custom fit covers? I believe they were going to do that at the time if I left my R. If they aren't putting it into their catalog, I'd love to see if they would make a second pair...

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
That sounds awesome - I looked into getting something done by them custom as well but couldn't leave my TypeR at the time. That was a few years ago and forgot about it when I got busy. I'd love to set a set now. Are you doing the front and rear? And are they will they be using the measurements to start their run of Type R Custom fit covers? I believe they were going to do that at the time if I left my R. If they aren't putting it into their catalog, I'd love to see if they would make a second pair...
Picked up my R yesterday after they had it overnight in their warehouse. Rep said they would be designing templates from the measurements and start cutting the neoprene for the front and rear. Was originally going to make the rears red, but decided to go blk/cf to keep it more uniform for a factory look.
Unfortunately, they couldn’t add the type r logo because of copyright infringement with Honda. Eta, about 6 weeks. Ouch......will keep u posted.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Any idea what they are going to run for those of us who order after yours are done?

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Don't make this complicated.

08P32-TGG-110A

You'll have a little poof in the middle where the center headrest is supposed to go, but if you're handy with a needle and thread I bet you can take care of that.
And you won't have the cutout for the drink holders right?

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any idea what they are going to run for those of us who order after yours are done?
They cut me a deal for letting them use my CTR. I imagine should be the same price as posted on their website. For those of you not in SoCal, I would suggest you request sample color swatches because the color chart on the website is very different in hue. I decided to go with the CF once I saw the actual neoprene.

civicArrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
They cut me a deal for letting them use my CTR. I imagine should be the same price as posted on their website. For those of you not in SoCal, I would suggest you request sample color swatches because the color chart on the website is very different in hue. I decided to go with the CF once I saw the actual neoprene.
Agreed, they offered me a deal at the time but I had to pass. I am very excited about this though, as I am glad they will be taking this on. I don't mind paying full price but from my understanding, putting these on is rather difficult. I didn't discuss anything with them about seat side impact airbags at the time. Did they mention anything to you?

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Agreed, they offered me a deal at the time but I had to pass. I am very excited about this though, as I am glad they will be taking this on. I don't mind paying full price but from my understanding, putting these on is rather difficult. I didn't discuss anything with them about seat side impact airbags at the time. Did they mention anything to you?
From prior purchases, they have been very meticulous on designing the covers to accommodate SRS bags. i believe they have something on their website regarding airbags in seats and how the covers do not hinder the deployment. After measuring the CTR seats, they include the cutouts for the airbags. As far as installation, i will have them installed at the shop once they are manufactured. Their website does have a tutorial on installing them yourself. I will keep you posted once i have them in my car.

civicArrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
From prior purchases, they have been very meticulous on designing the covers to accommodate SRS bags. i believe they have something on their website regarding airbags in seats and how the covers do not hinder the deployment. After measuring the CTR seats, they include the cutouts for the airbags. As far as installation, i will have them installed at the shop once they are manufactured. Their website does have a tutorial on installing them yourself. I will keep you posted once i have them in my car.
Great to hear! Thanks so much and keep us posted!
Sponsored