Rear License plate Garnish De Badging

Boomalot

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch, Sport/Touring Sonic Grey
Just an FYI if you have a "ahem" smart wife like mine...I was going to debadge my new '18 Sport Touring Sonic grey pearl...standing there hair dryer in hand, fishing line in the other. Wife says..."I did this to my truck years ago" and RIP...cold off comes the "T" on the sport and the last "C" on the civic badge before I could move because I was stunned. PAINT PEEL. Sonic grey paint pen from honda sucks...not even close. SO MAD.

To my surprise...the entire Garnish with ONLY the Honda badge on it...Factory colour, 1 day shipping to the dealer..How much you ask? $259CDN. Mine will be here tomorrow. My wife is still alive because she is paying with HER credit card. This seems really cheap OEM from the dealer...painted from factory in Ontario.
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Oof... any pics? My debadge was brutal. The car was only 2 months old and there was so much glue on those emblems, I'd bet we'd be in the same boat if I did what your better half did lol. Took a huge amount of goo gone and elbow grease to get it all off.

SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
South Carolina Near Spartanburg, formally So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2006 2.4 5 Speed EX Accord Sedan, 1973 Ford Ranchero 500, 351 C with 73 Boss 351 block and internals, Holley 750, Edelbrock manifold
Country flag
Oof... any pics? My debadge was brutal. The car was only 2 months old and there was so much glue on those emblems, I'd bet we'd be in the same boat if I did what your better half did lol. Took a huge amount of goo gone and elbow grease to get it all off.
I've owned over 75 cars and found that "Goof Off" works better than "Goo Gone" or WD-40 to remove the adhesive.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
I'm confused. You debaded the rear and it got damaged and then you had your wife pay for a new one?

OP
OP
Boomalot

Boomalot

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch, Sport/Touring Sonic Grey
I'm confused. You debaded the rear and it got damaged and then you had your wife pay for a new one?
No...I was ready to do it properly when my wife ripped off a few of them cold...thinking she was smarter than the badge...

Analog_kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Did you have any issues replacing the rear garnish or did the dealer install it?

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did it myself and i also messed up the last "C".. paint peel off, i was so pissed .
by the way.. you have a great wife, she does things with you and she paid for a new one for you..
Sponsored