Prsuser24

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si coupe
Country flag
I want to change out my rear engine mount in my 2018 civic si can anyone give me some opinions on different brands?
Sponsored

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Solid mounts if you want to feel everything at the stoplight. Including a large amount of vibration when the AC runs.

Inserts if you don't want that.

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatch Sport CVT
Country flag
I want to change out my rear engine mount in my 2018 civic si can anyone give me some opinions on different brands?
27won. Their race version is pretty aggressive. I have it on my daily. They have a street version that is cheaper and softer though. Havent tried it. But would probably recommend their street version unless you're looking to track your car

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
Very happy with Perrin RMM Inserts on the CTR; Currently on 360BHP, Cup2s in 255/35 and there's no issues at all with traction.

NVH Is not much worse; Just a little "luggy" if you're near-stall speeds (I.e. reversing onto sloped driveway) - At a stop, it's no different to OEM.

Benefits have been huge, but I honestly think that going stiffer would be into the territory of diminishing returns unless you're planning to build a complete weapon.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
I installed the Perrin RMM inserts and as haltamer mentioned, the NVH isn't bad at all and has actually decreased as they've broken in. The nice thing about any of the RMM options is that it's a pretty easy install so if you don't like your choice, you can remove it and resell it.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
There's lots of great options out there, you should share what your tolerance for NVH is, and what purpose you're looking at one for.

Perrin and Whiteline offer great RMM insert bushings that you can get for $30 and under. Then you move up to offerings by Hasport, Whiteline, and 27won. We've tested them all :)

Whiteline RMM Insert (far right) for under $25 is a one-piece bushing that inserts into all 6MT Civic factory RMM's. Barely any NVH, great for street use, will reduce wheel hop a little, but not the one to choose if you're looking to eliminate all wheel hope and slam through gears!

The Perrin Inserts (Middle) for the 1.5T and Si RMM, and slightly different for the CTR make the best use of the factory RMM, filling it up entirely. There is light NVH at idle especially with AC on, but it's not overbearing.

The Whiteline full RMM is a Billet Aluminum unit with twin 85a Poly bushings. This is personally the most I would run for a street application, there is no perceivable engine and transmission slop, there's zero wheel hop, and shifting feels great. There will be NVH at Idle, and setting off in 1st or Reverse.

We've dabbled with various other mounts. 27won Race is the best for track use, you feel the engine is sitting on solid mounts in the car, but it's not for everyone. 27won Street I've had a short drive in, really like it as an all-year RMM that won't has a great balance of performance yet minimal NVH.

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear engine mount DSC_2212.JPG

Here's the ones we currently offer as shown above: https://unity-performance.com/search?q=rmm
Sponsored