EdG

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
After reading a bunch of threads I recently to installed a Hasport Rear Engine Mount (rear only, 62 not 82). My first real mod (not counting oil catch can). I am sure other rear engine mounts are great as well, just picked one. Wheels are Pilot 4S 265/40/18. My experiences are similar to others. More vibration at certain RPM. I can understand why Honda went with OEM rear engine mount but I think the Hasport 62 rear engine mount vibration seems tolerable.

I do not want this car to be a 0-60 monster. But I like the wheels to be able to put the power down as much as possible. I am impressed at the absence of wheel hop. I can spin the wheels easily in 1st. I can spin wheel in 2nd but not as much as before. I have not been rural enough to run hard through 3rd gear yet. The car seems faster off the line than with stock rear engine mount. I would like to compare acceleration times mod vs stock but I don't have a good quantitative GPS (like VBOX) to measure times. Has anyone done this? I am curious if any gain in acceleration at lower speeds is real or just my imagination. 5-60 times would be great.
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I put the Perrin Rmm insert in myself and it certainly feels a hair quicker because it's putting power down more smoothly. I think we're talking .1-.2 diff and a better driving 'feel' rather than a ton of speed difference imo.

Don't know if it could be quanitified unless you had 100% consistent runs with all the same variables which is tough.

I'd go with 'it feels faster, and is fun'.

I do wonder about your comment of vibration however, past idle with AC on in some situations I've found it to be much smoother everywhere else.