Rear-Ended at 50 MPH

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LEAVE SPACE INFRONT OF YOU WHEN AT LIGHTS!!!
A cars lengths worth of space is not going to kill you and could prevent a chain of crashes like in the video. In the least it would have mitigate the car in front from flying so far into the insection and causing even more havoc

But dam, big ass truck going 50 mph and everything in front of the rear wheels still in standing condition
Sponsored

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LEAVE SPACE INFRONT OF YOU WHEN AT LIGHTS!!!
A cars lengths worth of space is not going to kill you and could prevent a chain of crashes like in the video. In the least it would have mitigate the car in front from flying so far into the insection and causing even more havoc

But dam, big ass truck going 50 mph and everything in front of the rear wheels still in standing condition
That extra space has saved our car at least twice when we were the second car in front. It's also helpful in traffic blockage situations where you can switch lanes to exit or get around the problem - Caution though, don't leave 1 inch more than a car-length or someone will try and get in!

uokrol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic WOP Ex-T, 2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
Country flag
This just gave me goosebumps. Reminds me of my FA5 being rear-ended on the freeway. Guy was going 70 and braked right before impact. I saw it coming too and couldn't do anything to avoid it since we were at a dead stop; just braced myself for impact. Every time i look in the rear view mirror now and see a car flying behind i get goosebumps. I hate stupid drivers who brake really close to you or don't pay attention at all. Here's a pic of the aftermath.

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear-Ended at 50 MPH civic.JPG

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This just gave me goosebumps. Reminds me of my FA5 being rear-ended on the freeway. Guy was going 70 and braked right before impact. I saw it coming too and couldn't do anything to avoid it since we were at a dead stop; just braced myself for impact. Every time i look in the rear view mirror now and see a car flying behind i get goosebumps. I hate stupid drivers who brake really close to you or don't pay attention at all. Here's a pic of the aftermath.

civic.JPG
Glad to hear u're okay but sometimes whiplash injury doesn't show until after a couple of days or so. Just continue to monitor. Did the impact cause you to rear-end the car in front of you?

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)
@Billy4202, like Dretlaw, it scared the heck out of me when I saw who posted this thread on the New Post list. So glad to learn that it wasn't you. phew :grouphug:

I am also impressed with how the Civic took it.

These people who take driving responsibility lightly make me so angry. What if there was a child in the backseat in a car not as safe as this Civic? If they are driving a monstrous truck, be even more careful on the road, darn it!!! :nono:
Sponsored