Rear diffuser sedan installation

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/172805214695

This sucked more than I thought it would. It would probably be easier to remove the entire bumper first, since the two screw points are literally inaccessible with the bumper mounted. Took about 45 minutes, and I'm still gonna have to pull the bumper off later to get the screws in and ensure the row of clips on top are actually secured properly (think one of them didn't go in properly, so there's a minor gap). Having two sets of hands might help as well.

There are four clips on the bottom, easy enough, then 2 screws on each side. The far passenger side clip has an additional hanger that the clip needs to secure to.

Four clip locations
Honda Civic 10th gen Rear diffuser sedan installation 20180509_211813

The center two clip points. The far side driver and passenger sides have little "slip holes" where the diffuser slides in.
Honda Civic 10th gen Rear diffuser sedan installation 20180509_211925

Two screw points, that I accidentally tore off the stock piece when removing. Oops. Yeah. Definitely remove the bumper first.
Honda Civic 10th gen Rear diffuser sedan installation 20180509_211849

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear diffuser sedan installation 20180509_211947

This replacement sticks out a little, where the stock was flush. I'll get a better pic in the daylight. Now I just need proper exhaust to go with it.
Honda Civic 10th gen Rear diffuser sedan installation 20180509_212111

jlyr3mixed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit Sport, 2017 Honda Civic EXT 6MT sedan, 2006 Mazda Miata
Country flag
Looks great! do you know where you find the exhaust tips for this diffuser? Or how much a muffler shop would charge to make some?

OP
OP
a c i d.f l y

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks great! do you know where you find the exhaust tips for this diffuser? Or how much a muffler shop would charge to make some?
For the 1.5t, there's a few options. Takeda, Injen and Magnaflow. For the 2.0, I only have Invidia as an option, and it's single back. I also don't know if any of those would line up well with this particular diffuser, so it may still require some custom fab work on lining up the tips.

Local shop quoted $800 for a complete custom build with me providing mufflers, resonator and tips.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have any side photos of the diffuser? I was thinking about getting this one but my OCD would bug me with the diffuser sticking out. I wish there was one where it's flush lmao.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
For the 1.5t, there's a few options. Takeda, Injen and Magnaflow. For the 2.0, I only have Invidia as an option, and it's single back. I also don't know if any of those would line up well with this particular diffuser, so it may still require some custom fab work on lining up the tips.

Local shop quoted $800 for a complete custom build with me providing mufflers, resonator and tips.
I know this is an old thread, but magnaflow makes a kit for the 2.0 that has dual exhaust. It sounds good to. Diffuser looks good man I’m thinking about getting one myself with the magnaflow to go with it

OP
OP
a c i d.f l y

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
lol... I still haven't gotten exhaust, but good to know. I ended up spending my money on other toys, like for a Christmas an 65" LG C8 OLED that's just absolutely amazing. I'll Google the Magnaflow, see what's out there now.

*Edit: Looks like the Magnaflow for the 2.0 is still only available for coupe. I have an EX which are all sedans/hatch.

OP
OP
a c i d.f l y

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, very clean. Also very interested in what they charged you because it would be nice to have a figure to bring to my local companies.

David16touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic touring, 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How much did they charge you? And did you get full exhaust or axleback? Because that looks damn good
They charged me 50 per tip and that included labor as well. I actually didn’t get an exhaust component other than the tips, they cut off the curved stock exhaust tips and re routed to the diffuser holes and welded on the tips
Sponsored