• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rear Defogger performance

solman

First Name
Sol
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra ASPEC 6MT TECH, 2011 Ford F250
I have the type A with tech and I believe the rear defogger is slow to clear the window. While the mirrors clear fast the back glass seems to take a solid 15 minuets to clear. Are others finding about the same time frame or is mine not up to spec?

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
My rear window had a lot of condensation tonight. Between 10-15 minutes on my way to my destination and then again on the way back, and absolutely no effect after pressing the button to clear the window.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
You guys have tint? Some lesser quality places cut the connectors so the defrosters don’t work anymore.

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just checked, and all lines are intact. My tint guy is super reputable, and all his pieces are precut by a machine. If I remember correctly, he just heats it up while on the outside to get it to curve correctly prior to final installation.

I still need to check the 30A fuse under the hood.

I didn’t see any actual connection points around the window. I’m guessing I’ll have to remove the window trim pieces to gain access and take a measurement with my multimeter.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
The rear defrost seems to not work well with fogged windows. I can confirm both this, and after our first snow last night, that it works just fine for snow/ice. There is likely a thermal switch regulating temperature of the heater itself opposed to just applying a steady current. This wouldn't surprise me at all being a resistance heater and the abundance of microcontroller options there are in the industrial environment. I obviously can't confirm this without probing the wiring which I'm not going to do while my car is under warranty.

Last vehicle I had there was a recall for the rear defrost melting the wiring harness. It worked super quick though!

I have also noticed that the car's windows in general seem to like to fog. I read online that some of the materials used in manufacturing of the interior pieces can cause this and diminish over time.

Last edited:

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I found the under hood fuse, but it’s different than the traditional ones. I didn’t mess with it.

Instead I grabbed my multimeter and took a measurement of the rear window. It read 12V in a few different places.

I guess it’s what submitaweasel said…it’s not the best at defogging. I’ll test it out under different conditions.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I just use the rear defrost for the mirrors which seem to heat up quickly. Never use the rear window since I'm always passing people. I only care what's in front of or beside me.

SKL

First Name
See
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Mine didn't work great when I first got the car and it fogged up even when I'm alone.
But after a couple of cleanings, it's been working great. No issues here.