Rear deck removal info please

danny24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Anyone knows how to remove that rear deck? I'm about to give up, I just want to replace my speakers... Please anyone help!
Sponsored

synthetik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
I don't know anything about removing the rear deck but when I took it to a stereo place to get some dynamat, I told them to replace the factory sub with a JL. They called me while they were working on it and said that without adding an amp they couldn't hear much of a difference, so we left the original in place. The dynamat made a huge difference though.

OP
OP
danny24

danny24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
I see, well I'm replacing the main speakers because I'm a big fan of pioneer n I actually bought everything already. I just found the perfect vid to remove the rear deck thanks to someone from over here... But thanks a lot for your tip...

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
which pioneer speakers? i just put a pioneer head unit in. am now looking for speakers. changing the head unit on the lx was a vast improvement over changing the speakers. but the speakers are still very poor.

sunnysunday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-t 2016
Country flag
I see, well I'm replacing the main speakers because I'm a big fan of pioneer n I actually bought everything already. I just found the perfect vid to remove the rear deck thanks to someone from over here... But thanks a lot for your tip...

Where is this video?

goflyakuite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (MSM/BLK)
Vehicle Showcase
What is a rear deck ? Just wondering, hopefully u can get it removed.
The rear deck to the piece of interior with the speaker grilles installed just above the rear speakers and subwoofer. Removal of the rear deck is a bit involved. ot quite as simple as you would think when you first look at it.

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, i did! And it was well worth it
Awesome! :headbang:Seeing the interior after the gut job, nearly had me in tears. You are a brave man. Glad you were successful. You have my utmost :respect:. Bet you have the best sounding Civic audio on this forum! Enjoy the fruits of your labor! :bow: BTW, is your car a Touring model and how many speakers did you replace?

Last edited:
OP
OP
danny24

danny24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Awesome! :headbang:Seeing the interior after the gut job, nearly had me in tears. You are a brave man. Glad you were successful. You have my utmost :respect:. Bet you have the best sounding Civic on this forum! Enjoy the fruits of your labor! :bow: BTW, is your car a Touring model and how many speakers did you replace?
Haha thank you! I bought the EX trim, it has the 7" display unit, which is what I really wanted in the car... I didn't touch the 4 Twitters that came with the car at all, I just replaced my 2 front door speakers and my 2 rear deck speakers with 3 way pioneers speakers... And added a 2 12" ported box with a pair of pioneer champion series subs...

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha thank you! I bought the EX trim, it has the 7" display unit, which is what I really wanted in the car... I didn't touch the 4 Twitters that came with the car at all, I just replaced my 2 front door speakers and my 2 rear deck speakers with 3 way pioneers speakers... And added a 2 12" ported box with a pair of pioneer champion series subs...
I see you have a roof spoiler. Ever thought about doing a garage showcase on here? Would love to see more photos. Thanks.