Rear clunking endlinks

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
I have a related question. Yesterday installed a white line rear sway and accord endlinks in my 19 Si coupe. I couldn’t get the one bolt to torque down that attaches the endlinks to the lower control arm(?). I just ordered 2 new bolts but is it ok to drive like that until they come in tomorrow or Saturday? I’m just talking some normal city/highway driving.
thanks and sorry if this is to unrelated to OPs opening post.
Why won’t it torque down? Is the hole in the lower control arm stripped? If so, new bolts aren’t going to help. You can either replace the lower control arm, or chisel the welded nut off the arm and get a new nut. Pics of the threads might help determine why it won’t torque.
Sponsored

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Why won’t it torque down? Is the hole in the lower control arm stripped? If so, new bolts aren’t going to help. You can either replace the lower control arm, or chisel the welded nut off the arm and get a new nut. Pics of the threads might help determine why it won’t torque.
I got under it yesterday and realized that the one bushing isn’t lined up perfectly and is only going slightly into the other side. I had a hell of a time putting this in. Would the easiest option be to let the control arm down on that one side to give more room to work with? I didn’t really want to have to do that, but I’ve had a hell of a time with this in general.

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
I got under it yesterday and realized that the one bushing isn’t lined up perfectly and is only going slightly into the other side. I had a hell of a time putting this in. Would the easiest option be to let the control arm down on that one side to give more room to work with? I didn’t really want to have to do that, but I’ve had a hell of a time with this in general.
Once you have the car on jackstands, raise or lower one of the rear control arms to get the bushing to line up with the bolt hole. Once it’s close to lining up, tap the bolt lightly with a mallet and that should get at least the first thread started and you can start turning the bolt in.

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I’ll get under it in the morning and show you the exact issue, but yeah I’m going to have to lower it. I just was trying to avoid it. What is the torque spec for the bolt I’ll have to remove?

andy_wen1

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Loctite blue and using a hex wrench and ratcheting wrench to tighten the crap outta the nuts worked for me.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Just a revisit, 1000 miles, no clunking. I think the double nut really solved this, if anyone is clunking along, that is the key

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Just a revisit, 1000 miles, no clunking. I think the double nut really solved this, if anyone is clunking along, that is the key
Unfortunately I could only double nut when I was younger. I lack the strength and stamina nowadays to tighten down two nuts on the same bolt.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Unfortunately I could only double nut when I was younger. I lack the strength and stamina nowadays to tighten down two nuts on the same bolt.
Laughed out loud

dave.landstone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX 6MT:
Country flag
I also have clunking i have the 22mm with new stock end links on the soft setting. Im looking to buy new endlinks and putting on 7/8 greaseable brackets with new bushings from energy suspension. Which endlinks would you go with on stock ride heights adjustable or not? And what is the cheapest solution the accord ones?

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the Accord endlinks but they were such a tight fit to the Whiteline 22mm bar that I went ahead and ordered the Whiteline adjustable links. I ordered the lock kit because the bar shifts easily if you install it with the grease.

Mine wasn't clunking, but I felt the rear end shift if I took opposing hard turns.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I also have clunking i have the 22mm with new stock end links on the soft setting. Im looking to buy new endlinks and putting on 7/8 greaseable brackets with new bushings from energy suspension. Which endlinks would you go with on stock ride heights adjustable or not? And what is the cheapest solution the accord ones?
I can't speak on the adjustable ones because I've only had the stock ones and the Accords with the Whiteline bar. Accord is the cheapest option

dave.landstone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX 6MT:
Country flag
These are the brackets I picked up for 30$ cuz I also get a squeaking noise when the car rocks side to side

I’ll probably get the white lines I guess cuz mine were also a tight fit and have preload my back end is always trying to swing out when it slippery it’s fun when you want it to but kinda dangerous lol

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear clunking endlinks B124ED1B-2141-4EF7-BE26-3AE15B17BBE1
Sponsored