Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I've tried the search to no avail, so.....while I was replacing my rear bumper reflector with a lighted one, I had to remove the rear cover. Found out that this part was made of cardboard with felt. Does anybody know if some company makes a more solid one? Because if this keeps getting wet, it won't last long.
Honda Civic 10th gen Rear bumper under cover Type R rear
Honda Civic 10th gen Rear bumper under cover Type R Taillights

stariq812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW FK8
Country flag
I've tried the search to no avail, so.....while I was replacing my rear bumper reflector with a lighted one, I had to remove the rear cover. Found out that this part was made of cardboard with felt. Does anybody know if some company makes a more solid one? Because if this keeps getting wet, it won't last long.
Type R rear.jpg
Type R Taillights.jpg
How did you remove the fake vents to replace the reflector. Dis you have to remove the rear bumper at all. I also have a 2020 so I need to know how to remove the fake vents. Thanks and looks good.

ManEatingPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Pretty sure it is made out of a plastic composite which doesn't absorb water unless they changed it for 2020 and newer which I doubt because cars are meant to get wet. I drive my 2018 as a daily here in Seattle so its constantly getting wet and I have yet to see it break down in any way.

Edit: Just realized this was a very old thread
Sponsored