Will this fit the coupe?
Sponsored

superyerison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2006 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Was planning to buy those but to be honest I know nothing about wiring LOL can you help me with it. Thanks
Yes lol, you have to wire the positive from the reflector to the positive brake by cutting into the wire and the negative goes to the negative wire on the brakes. It's snowing today so I can't take any pictures but on Saturday if the weather is good I'll take my taillight off and take some pictures.

redblackcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Yes lol, you have to wire the positive from the reflector to the positive brake by cutting into the wire and the negative goes to the negative wire on the brakes. It's snowing today so I can't take any pictures but on Saturday if the weather is good I'll take my taillight off and take some pictures.
Thank you so much!!!! Ill wait for it :)

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
civic.png

How does it look? :)
My gawd! Awesome mod there. I've always wondered since day one if something like this would eventually be available. I'm actually going to consider getting this!

SFTOURING

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2010 Civic Hybrid, 2006 CRV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What I meant is that if you use the module, you connect one reflector to the other and then you connect the wires into the module which then get connected to one of the taillights

I just got mines in but very confused. I can't picture your wiring plus right now I'm stuck on trying to get it up to the tail lights sky I can wire it up. I really don't want wire it to my turn lights but would like to just have it on when I turn on the LED lights. Can some one tell me number
1. How to pull the wire up to the tail light assembly.
2. Step by step on what color wire goes where. (I already know how to take the tail light assembly apart)

Thanks for your help. I'm not a wiring type of guy so as much info and details would be very helpful.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I just got mines in but very confused. I can't picture your wiring plus right now I'm stuck on trying to get it up to the tail lights sky I can wire it up. I really don't want wire it to my turn lights but would like to just have it on when I turn on the LED lights. Can some one tell me number
1. How to pull the wire up to the tail light assembly.
2. Step by step on what color wire goes where. (I already know how to take the tail light assembly apart)

Thanks for your help. I'm not a wiring type of guy so as much info and details would be very helpful.
Once you pull your taillights off, you should see a gap between the rear fender down into behind the bumper. Fish the wires through there. If you're doing it by yourself tape the wires to an unwound coat hanger and gently push it up through the gap.

The wiring is exactly what @superyerison did, except you want to tap into the LED taillights, not the turn signals. The physical locations should tell you which plug it is.

Now, I don't want to mean offense, but behind the taillight is an area that is not sealed, and is prone to exposure to water/moisture. Electrical tape is not an insulator (especially when poorly wrapped like in the pics, sorry man), and over time either your wires will corrode, or worse, short. You really want to make sure any tapping into are sealed as best as you can.

I would use heatshrink and then do multiple layers of TIGHT electrical tape.

SFTOURING

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2010 Civic Hybrid, 2006 CRV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Once you pull your taillights off, you should see a gap between the rear fender down into behind the bumper. Fish the wires through there. If you're doing it by yourself tape the wires to an unwound coat hanger and gently push it up through the gap.

The wiring is exactly what @superyerison did, except you want to tap into the LED taillights, not the turn signals. The physical locations should tell you which plug it is.

Now, I don't want to mean offense, but behind the taillight is an area that is not sealed, and is prone to exposure to water/moisture. Electrical tape is not an insulator (especially when poorly wrapped like in the pics, sorry man), and over time either your wires will corrode, or worse, short. You really want to make sure any tapping into are sealed as best as you can.

Thanks that really helps. I will try it this weekend.

MinhQP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Patiently waiting for the hatchback version. Anyone know if there are any in the works?

superyerison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2006 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase

I tried taking the tape off to show the wiring but I couldn't fully take it off without cutting it but I had an insulator over it that I got from my job. I just put that tape as extra since I tend to worry a lot.

Justin G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport.
Country flag
I tried taking the tape off to show the wiring but I couldn't fully take it off without cutting it but I had an insulator over it that I got from my job. I just put that tape as extra since I tend to worry a lot.
How do I get just the reflector off?
Sponsored