Rear bumper applique worth it?

catennacio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Got my 2016 Civic EX-T. Love the Aegean Blue color. Now I'm thinking of protecting this color.
I found this on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Honda-Civic-S...9530032&sr=1-13&keywords=rear+bumper+applique

It's the manufacturer part. My questions:
- Is it worth it to spend ~$5o for a rear bumper applique for your new Civic? Has anybody done this and what is the experience?
- Is the item transparent, i.e. I can still see the blue color, or is it black? If it is black then it would look ugly on the blue color.

I don't load/unload big things in the trunk, just my back pack and lunch boxes. Should I go for the item (I don't like the 8.99 shipping but oh well..)

Thanks.
Sponsored

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Got my 2016 Civic EX-T. Love the Aegean Blue color. Now I'm thinking of protecting this color.
I found this on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Honda-Civic-S...9530032&sr=1-13&keywords=rear+bumper+applique

It's the manufacturer part. My questions:
- Is it worth it to spend ~$5o for a rear bumper applique for your new Civic? Has anybody done this and what is the experience?
- Is the item transparent, i.e. I can still see the blue color, or is it black? If it is black then it would look ugly on the blue color.

I don't load/unload big things in the trunk, just my back pack and lunch boxes. Should I go for the item (I don't like the 8.99 shipping but oh well..)

Thanks.
The official one from Honda is clear. You can still see it up close but it's not too bad. Dunno how it holds up long term as it really just sticks on.

But that said, every car I've ever owned manages to get swirls and scratches on that part of the bumper no matter what I do.

vincelatz

Vince L.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T w/Sensing Metallic Steel/Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got mine thrown in when buying the car and installed it myself using some car soap slip solution. Has held up well for about a months with snow involved as well...I don't load mine up crazy but a lot of times things end up resting on the bumper so it always gets scratches over the years

goflyakuite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (MSM/BLK)
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased it with my Civic. The section it covers was the most scuffed section in my previous Honda. Looks good... not totally invisible but not very visible either.

OP
OP

catennacio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I feel like this applique is very expensive and I could get a 3M film and it would do the same job... is there anything special about this manufacturer applique?

goflyakuite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (MSM/BLK)
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like this applique is very expensive and I could get a 3M film and it would do the same job... is there anything special about this manufacturer applique?
Nothing really... it does have a spiffy Honda logo in the lower right corner :)

ilovemycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cosmic Blue EX Turbo, 96 Accord EX
Country flag
Can the clear rear bumper applique also be used as a sill protector? Will it properly fit the curved edges of the sill? It might look nicer than the steel sills I've seen.
Sponsored