jimtheone

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey guys , took my R to Honda dealer because I kept hearing a light squeal noise I believe is coming from my driver's rear. Only happens when the vehicle is driven for at least 20min+ and when I am *not* pressing the brakes. Can only hear it when it is at a slow rolling speed, sounds like something is rubbing against the rotors and the wheel is dragging . Honda said everything looked fine and cannot pin point what's wrong due to the fact that it only happens after a certain amount of driving ( hard to diagnosis )

Anyone experience this ? why do I only hear it only when the brakes are hot ?
Sponsored

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
If it has a “ringing” tone to it, its totally normal and happens all the time. Something to do with the LSD I think.

4NSPEEDSTER

First Name
LIEM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK* Type R, 2017 VW GLi, 2016 VW GTi Autobahn,
Country flag
Hey guys , took my R to Honda dealer because I kept hearing a light squeal noise I believe is coming from my driver's rear. Only happens when the vehicle is driven for at least 20min+ and when I am *not* pressing the brakes. Can only hear it when it is at a slow rolling speed, sounds like something is rubbing against the rotors and the wheel is dragging . Honda said everything looked fine and cannot pin point what's wrong due to the fact that it only happens after a certain amount of driving ( hard to diagnosis )

I've had the same problem. i have heard a few noises that concerned me. All went away except one. I feel it maybe a wheel bearing. Same noise in my son's GTI. Both brand new cars.

Risq

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

Hi,

I also was hearing squealing/scraping noise in my rear. I ended up looking at my rear brakes pads & found out my brakes were done. Please see images below. Look how far out my rear piston is.

please let us know if it was the brakes or if you resolved the issue.

regards,

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear brakes 6B18C228-D815-4A48-B2BD-D6FFE682BA0C

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear brakes 550B924C-F0EB-4320-9A83-6A496DF8D120

Bru87tr

I have 33k on my car and for a while now had rear right side making noise. Looked at the rotor and it’s all dig up. Toast rear brakes. Brake guy said he sees this at around 40k. I never had brakes go this fast on me. I downshift a lot and not someone who is hard on the brakes.

OP
OP

jimtheone

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
there was a hidden code for the electronic Ebrake motor not releasing fully causing drag . Had that replaced along with new pads and machined the rotors . Noise went away for couple months and came back , this time there are no codes Honda said everything looks fine...

Gavin1017

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
Have you found the solution to this problem? Im having the same issue. I had my pads and rotors replaced and it did not help. Was it actually the e brake motor that cause the issue?

OP
OP

jimtheone

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Have you found the solution to this problem? Im having the same issue. I had my pads and rotors replaced and it did not help. Was it actually the e brake motor that cause the issue?
Yeah , e brake motor not releasing FULLY, also when the stock pads heats up they expand causing it to rub against rotor. I replaced it with ceramic pads and new rotors problem solved.
Sponsored