imcrspy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Is anyone coming out with an rear bbk option for us? Or do manufactures not want to deal with the whole rear e-brake bs. I'm about to order a wilwood front bbk. Are pads and lines the only option for the rear? Anybody have suggestions or any info?
Sponsored

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is anyone coming out with an rear bbk option for us? Or do manufactures not want to deal with the whole rear e-brake bs. I'm about to order a wilwood front bbk. Are pads and lines the only option for the rear? Anybody have suggestions or any info?
The rear is doable and we know how I just don't know if the market can support the price point. Cause it won't be cheap.

OP
OP
imcrspy

imcrspy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
The rear is doable and we know how I just don't know if the market can support the price point. Cause it won't be cheap.
If you guys do a rear, you'd be the only option on the market. Most guys wouldn't run two different brand bbk's too since it'd probably throw off brake bias. I'm holding off on a bbk until someone comes out with a rear option too.

321dormot

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport m/t
Country flag
I'm with OP, been looking into brakes as something to upgrade down the road, and I'd personally be very interested in a 4 corner bbk

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Look into swapping SI(282mm x 10mm) or CTR(304mm x 10.9mm) brakes. They are both bigger than ours although the calipers are the same(CTR has aluminum calipers but same spec otherwise). The increase in size and thermal mass is probably enough for 95% of what you'd be doing with the car IMO. The only problem is what are the differences in the rear spindle between the 3. Would we be able to just make an adapter or do we need to swap the spindle completely? I haven't gone that deep into this but it's a possibility.

Good topic on this issue here: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/type-r-rear-brakes-on-si.56337/

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
OEM pad was chewing up rotors + loads of brake dust by 5K miles.
Totally transformed braking after changed to EBC Yellow Stuff + G-stop stainless brake lines. Brake dust still persist but rotors are now nicely polished. I do use Hawk Ceramic on my C6 and it is nearly dustless + great stopping power + gentle on my two piece DBA rotors. So...in hindsight, for less dust, I should have use Hawk or Carbotech ceramic.
Sponsored