Rear Brake Issue

civicohsport2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
I've got a CVT 2017 civic sport hatch. I attempted to replace the rear pads and rotors with no HDS, and when it came time to retract the piston in the caliper I used an impact with a T11 socket on the spindle after taking off the electronic part with the 2 bolts, and it just made the piston come out further to a point where it started leaking fluid out of the spindle side and can no longer get a socket on it. I have a new caliper arriving tonight, but i'm afraid the same thing is going to happen when I try the other side? Hopefully someone can give me a suggestion as to correctly do the rear brakes without the HDS, thanks!
Sponsored

N-Kryptic

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 4 Door
Country flag
I've got a CVT 2017 civic sport hatch. I attempted to replace the rear pads and rotors with no HDS, and when it came time to retract the piston in the caliper I used an impact with a T11 socket on the spindle after taking off the electronic part with the 2 bolts, and it just made the piston come out further to a point where it started leaking fluid out of the spindle side and can no longer get a socket on it. I have a new caliper arriving tonight, but i'm afraid the same thing is going to happen when I try the other side? Hopefully someone can give me a suggestion as to correctly do the rear brakes without the HDS, thanks!
Alot of new vehicles require a special obd scanner to put the calipers in service mode, manually trying to push piston back could damage it without disengaging parking brake mechanism, and it could be a turnback style caliper where you have to rotate the piston while pushing it in with a special tool to retract it.

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
Don't use an impact, use a ratchet and turn it "clockwise". Or use a special tool to turn the piston in.
Sponsored