Really Torn Between Invidia Q300 Or Milltek Road Plus Exhaust!

Tyrannosaurus WRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WRX
Country flag
I have been researching and looking for a while now. These 2 exhausts seem to be the closest related to each other in terms of both don't have any drone, both aren't massive in your face loud, rather not to much louder than stock and both have a similar 3 tip look. Only one is almost $1000 cheaper being the Q300.

Has anyone heard both of these in person with a stock down pipe?? Or even if anyone who has experience with either echaust can help weigh in on helping decide one over the other?

I can say I am leaning towards really really wanting to buy the Invidia Q300 due to the cheaper price. I am in the middle of having a new house built and will need a lot of savings towards new house stuff and $800 or so savings would be huge right now. I also feel from the video clips online that the Milltek Road Plus sounds better than the Q300. The Q300 sounds maybe slightly to deep. The Milltek sounds meaner with more tone. I am wondering if the sound clips online may not be a good indicator of which sounds better in person? Comes down to does the Milltek sound better enough to justify the extra $800 or so and will I regret a year later not spending the extra money. I guess the last concern is is the Invidia Q300 loud enough over stock to not be looking for more a year or 2 down the road? I really appreciate ahead of time any input on this!!
Sponsored

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
The price of the Milltek varies depending on what tips you have and how many resonators. I haven't heard the Q300, but I love my Milltek. Im running Catless DP with Milltek Full resonated and sound is incredible with zero drone. One of the reasons the price is higher because its imported from UK. Plus Milltek primary market in higher end European cars, which does demand the highest of quality when throwing any aftermarket parts on your Audi S4, Bently, or Mercedes. One thing I can honestly say is get what you truly want. Dont settle for something because its cheaper. I settled in the beginning and got the Greddy 2 tip, but still ended up with the exhaust I wanted from the jump because I was to impatient to save for the Milltek. I say save for the Milltek and buy around Black Friday to get the best deal. Last year it was 20% off. lol I kicked myself because I bought mine in August for full price.

Honda Civic 10th gen Really Torn Between Invidia Q300 Or Milltek Road Plus Exhaust! tempImageXgZdQZ

Honda Civic 10th gen Really Torn Between Invidia Q300 Or Milltek Road Plus Exhaust! tempImageagNm2Y

OP
OP
Tyrannosaurus WRX

Tyrannosaurus WRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WRX
Country flag
Thanks for that. The Milltek I would get is with one resonater and black carbon fiber tips like you have pictured which is about $1900 bucks without waiting for a black Friday type of sale. I'm really to a point where I'm ready to buy something now. And I hear you as far as spending more to get better now. My thinking is what if for $900 cheaper the Invidia Q300 is pretty much every bit as good as far as sound etc? That would be a huge win. And for close to half the price.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Thanks for that. The Milltek I would get is with one resonater and black carbon fiber tips like you have pictured which is about $1900 bucks without waiting for a black Friday type of sale. I'm really to a point where I'm ready to buy something now. And I hear you as far as spending more to get better now. My thinking is what if for $900 cheaper the Invidia Q300 is pretty much every bit as good as far as sound etc? That would be a huge win. And for close to half the price.
Every time I have settled in the past I've regretted it and ended up spending more to get what I should have in the first place. If 900 bucks will make or break a future house, you shouldn't get the house and should get the better exhaust either way.

Good luck, but fuck settling - YOLO bitches

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Every time I have settled in the past I've regretted it and ended up spending more to get what I should have in the first place.
this right here ??
Theres been a lot of times where ive settled on something because i didnt want to spend the extra money and end up regretting it or purchasing it later on down the road.

I just now save an extra weeks/months in order to get what i really want.

OP
OP
Tyrannosaurus WRX

Tyrannosaurus WRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WRX
Country flag
Every time I have settled in the past I've regretted it and ended up spending more to get what I should have in the first place. If 900 bucks will make or break a future house, you shouldn't get the house and should get the better exhaust either way.

Good luck, but fuck settling - YOLO bitches
Again I happen to agree with this premise but there are a couple things to be said. First $900 doesn't make or break a new house build/purchase in any way. But when there are as many things I need to spend money on right after moving in and after down payment money. That extra $900 would be nice and could have bought a peice of furniture etc.

The last and most important part of all this and what has me the most torn, who is to say buying a Invdia Q300 is settling?? Most people who have or had the Q300 seem to be very happy with their purchase! Unless I miss judged on this? Which would mean the Q300 wasn't settling and money was saved at the same time. That's what I set out to try and find out when I posted this.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Again I happen to agree with this premise but there are a couple things to be said. First $900 doesn't make or break a new house build/purchase in any way. But when there are as many things I need to spend money on right after moving in and after down payment money. That extra $900 would be nice and could have bought a peice of furniture etc.

The last and most important part of all this and what has me the most torn, who is to say buying a Invdia Q300 is settling?? Most people who have or had the Q300 seem to be very happy with their purchase! Unless I miss judged on this? Which would mean the Q300 wasn't settling and money was saved at the same time. That's what I set out to try and find out when I posted this.
Bud you said it, and it just feels like you're torn between what you really want, the Millitek, and settling for the Invidia. The second option is not bad, and many run it I'm sure and maybe to some that is their dream exhaust.

Roll whatever man I meant no offense in any capacity.

OP
OP
Tyrannosaurus WRX

Tyrannosaurus WRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WRX
Country flag
Bud you said it, and it just feels like you're torn between what you really want, the Millitek, and settling for the Invidia. The second option is not bad, and many run it I'm sure and maybe to some that is their dream exhaust.

Roll whatever man I meant no offense in any capacity.
I didn't take offense in any way and appreciate your input. I started this thread to get this very dialog right here going. And you hit the nail on the head. I know I'll love the Milltek. But I also THINK I'll really like the Q300. Specially at a better price point. Just hoping enough Q300 owners as Milltek owners chime in stating they love their exaust just the same and for some good reasons. Would definitely make my decision easier for sure.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Man after watching a few videos - Milltek all the way imo

That road part resonated is amazing sounding wow.

I like the Q300 it sounds great but it feels like the drone will be a bit over the top for my personal taste. If you like a louder lower / beefier than the Q300 - but if you want a livable more refined - Milltek -

My .02 cents

polishedmetalctr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I was in your exact shoes... pretty much still am. I finally just decided- there is no way I can live with that boxxy muffler of the Q300, so I ruled it out. Keep in mind, the MAPerformance Type R exhaust just came out too and the street version is similar to the Miltek Part-Res, so I am waiting for those to get in stock (about $600 cheaper). There is a guy named FK8_K20c1 on here that can get you a few hundred off that Miltek exhaust by the way
I am running stock for now but soon want to do either Miltek or MAP

OP
OP
Tyrannosaurus WRX

Tyrannosaurus WRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WRX
Country flag
I was in your exact shoes... pretty much still am. I finally just decided- there is no way I can live with that boxxy muffler of the Q300, so I ruled it out. Keep in mind, the MAPerformance Type R exhaust just came out too and the street version is similar to the Miltek Part-Res, so I am waiting for those to get in stock (about $600 cheaper). There is a guy named FK8_K20c1 on here that can get you a few hundred off that Miltek exhaust by the way
I am running stock for now but soon want to do either Miltek or MAP
I love the way that Muffler looks lol. Isn't the MAPerformance 2 tip design?

OP
OP
Tyrannosaurus WRX

Tyrannosaurus WRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WRX
Country flag
I love the way that Muffler looks lol. Isn't the MAPerformance 2 tip design?
Never mind, just went and looked it up. I had pretty thoroughly eliminated all other options but these 2, but after listening to the short clip of that MAPerformance reving, I may add this exhaust to my short list. Sounds really good and different from many other options out there. Just really need to hear it driving rather than revving. And seems there are no clips yet for it driving.
Sponsored