Really Torn Between Invidia Q300 Or Milltek Road Plus Exhaust!

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
I agree with the comments that you shouldn't settle for some exhaust because of price. However, price and sound are not correlated and will depend widely on personal preference. Some of the most expensive exhausts sound like shit to my ears, while sound of the cheaper ones sound great. Buying the most expensive exhaust does not mean you will like the sound.
Sponsored

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
I agree with the comments that you shouldn't settle for some exhaust because of price. However, price and sound are not correlated and will depend widely on personal preference. Some of the most expensive exhausts sound like shit to my ears, while sound of the cheaper ones sound great. Buying the most expensive exhaust does not mean you will like the sound.
Remus ??

polishedmetalctr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Never mind, just went and looked it up. I had pretty thoroughly eliminated all other options but these 2, but after listening to the short clip of that MAPerformance reving, I may add this exhaust to my short list. Sounds really good and different from many other options out there. Just really need to hear it driving rather than revving. And seems there are no clips yet for it driving.
Good idea. I’m just glad no one has told you to get the AWE touring yet- it’s ridiculously loud for a Touring exhaust, they missed the Mark

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Never mind, just went and looked it up. I had pretty thoroughly eliminated all other options but these 2, but after listening to the short clip of that MAPerformance reving, I may add this exhaust to my short list. Sounds really good and different from many other options out there. Just really need to hear it driving rather than revving. And seems there are no clips yet for it driving.
Post up the good clip you found for the MAP be interested to hear it :)

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Man that sounds great - that one isn't a compromise vs the milltek if it's cheaper that sounds really nice
Think we need to hear it in the real world plus footage at cruising speed. Those mufflers don't look like they'd do much to prevent drone, esp for a 3" exhaust

OP
OP
Tyrannosaurus WRX

Tyrannosaurus WRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WRX
Country flag
Think we need to hear it in the real world plus footage at cruising speed. Those mufflers don't look like they'd do much to prevent drone, esp for a 3" exhaust
About similar in size to the AWE muffler no?

I also called them and asked specifically about drone which they claim there is no drone at highway driving, driving hard or even normal driving. Said you'd have to be in a high gear at very low RPM's that you'd never even be at to introduce any sort of a drone at all. But I'm asking a sales guy who put me on hold to to ask the guy who designed it? So what got lost in translation if anything?? That I don't know. I was thinking myself that Muffler does look a little small. But the resonater looks a little bigger than others. So maybe it's a wash. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger, but I'd be an early adapter.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
About similar in size to the AWE muffler no?

I also called them and asked specifically about drone which they claim there is no drone at highway driving, driving hard or even normal driving. Said you'd have to be in a high gear at very low RPM's that you'd never even be at to introduce any sort of a drone at all. But I'm asking a sales guy who put me on hold to to ask the guy who designed it? So what got lost in translation if anything?? That I don't know. I was thinking myself that Muffler does look a little small. But the resonater looks a little bigger than others. So maybe it's a wash. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger, but I'd be an early adapter.
Yeah I'd take what they said with a grain of salt - of course they will claim it has no drone. I'm sure the community will appreciate your real world feedback if you do decide to go that direction. The Awe is known to be pretty loud between 2.2-2.8k rpms: depending on who you ask they will claim it's drone or not.

OP
OP
Tyrannosaurus WRX

Tyrannosaurus WRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WRX
Country flag
So I pulled the trigger on the MAPerformance Street exhaust option with Titanium blue tips. Went with the option that comes with an adapter to tie into the stock front pipe for $1249. Front pipe is an extra $379 and will virtually do nothing extra without changing the cat anyway. So I will do the front pipe when I do a catted downpipe next year.

Pretty excited about this option. Being that I have 1 of the 12 made for the first batch the head designer called me today to answer all my questions. He spent a good amount of time on the phone talking all about their new set up. What a knowledgeable guy and great process. He explained the exhaust was designed to be mature yet aggressive and mean when on the throttle similar to the Milltek Road Plus. I'll probably start a new threat about the exhaust set up, fitment, sound etc. Thanks to all input I received. I am a bit surprised there wasn't more Q300 owners weighing in here.

Big props to Polishedmetalctr for bringing the MAPerformance Street to my attention!!!

deep-typer

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
So I pulled the trigger on the MAPerformance Street exhaust option with Titanium blue tips. Went with the option that comes with an adapter to tie into the stock front pipe for $1249. Front pipe is an extra $379 and will virtually do nothing extra without changing the cat anyway. So I will do the front pipe when I do a catted downpipe next year.

Pretty excited about this option. Being that I have 1 of the 12 made for the first batch the head designer called me today to answer all my questions. He spent a good amount of time on the phone talking all about their new set up. What a knowledgeable guy and great process. He explained the exhaust was designed to be mature yet aggressive and mean when on the throttle similar to the Milltek Road Plus. I'll probably start a new threat about the exhaust set up, fitment, sound etc. Thanks to all input I received. I am a bit surprised there wasn't more Q300 owners weighing in here.

Big props to Polishedmetalctr for bringing the MAPerformance Street to my attention!!!
I am in the same boat as you. Really like the MAperf system. Will look forward to your impressions on it! :thumbsup:

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag

Awesome! I can't wait to hear it

deep-typer

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
No problem, enjoy! Glad you got the first batch
Oh no, I haven't purchased it yet :) Debating between a few options and the MAperf is right on the top. Your review will help a lot!

OP
OP
Tyrannosaurus WRX

Tyrannosaurus WRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WRX
Country flag
In case anyone here is interested MAPerformance had one left with the blue tips. I don't know what the lead time would be for the next batch being they meticulously make these in house.
Sponsored