Realistically, what is the next car you are aiming to get in the next couple years?

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
I also need a tow rig. I think Ill go with a Tundra. Although a diesel would be fun, but you know, those MN Winters and stuff..
My advice... steer clear of any new diesel from any manufacturer. The costs associated with fuel and emissions systems out of warranty are astronomical. GM and Ford have some awesome new gas engines. I’m getting the new GM 6.6 gasser.
Tundras are nice but overpriced IMO. Looks like in a year they are finally redesigning that ancient rig.
Sponsored

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
My advice... steer clear of any new diesel from any manufacturer. The costs associated with fuel and emissions systems out of warranty are astronomical. GM and Ford have some awesome new gas engines. I’m getting the new GM 6.6 gasser.
Tundras are nice but overpriced IMO. Looks like in a year they are finally redesigning that ancient rig.
Definitely overpriced, but will likely outlast your grandkids LOL

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm keeping my Civic until my kids are driving, then I'll sell it to 1 of them. (2-3 more years)
Then, I plan on buying a Veloster N. That will hold me over until my 50th B-day, at which point I will trade the N in for a C8. The kids will be gone, so it'll be time to go "impractical".

That's the plan, and I'm sticking to it.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm keeping my Civic until the wheels fall off. Planning to get a z31 for less than 8k. Bigger goal would be an NSX 1st gen.

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Something JDM and right hand drive. Been looking at turbo diesel SUVs like: Hilux Surfs, Land Cruisers, and Pajeros. If not, probably a JDM right hand drive sedan, coupe or hatchback.

Current issue is I have no room for a third car and I have no plans to sell my current cars.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm keeping my Civic until my kids are driving, then I'll sell it to 1 of them. (2-3 more years)
Then, I plan on buying a Veloster N. That will hold me over until my 50th B-day, at which point I will trade the N in for a C8. The kids will be gone, so it'll be time to go "impractical".

That's the plan, and I'm sticking to it.
I like that plan.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I am lucky enough to have a low mileage S2000 AND snatched up a perfect 1st gen Miata 5 months ago for only $1000!!

I am keeping all the vehicles and will spend money modding them instead of selling or increasing the stable.

I cannot stress enough that those of you looking at a Miata are on the right track! Every 90deg corner is drift time :)

Better hurry though because the drift culture are now realizing it is a viable car for them and it will become WAY TOO EXPENSIVE if you can find them, just like the 240sx and family!

Cnelms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic ex hatch, 2015 F150 XLT
Country flag
Only thing i can see myself doing is trading in the girlfriends Mazda 6 for another hatch, she loves it. I would probably spend the money on the Sport Touring this time though. I didn't think I'd care about the exhaust as much as i do looks plain without that center exit.

AudioSi

First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe, 2019 Hatch EX
Country flag
Dude, I love the coupe and think this would be legendary. I plan to get a coupe and make it full racecar someday...
When the CTR first came out, one of the Honda engineers took a k20C1 from the F1 team, and built a FC3 Si chassis from the ground up as full race car. Its cool af, but I want a street car lol. I was thinking about reaching out to like PRL or someone to help me do the swap. I think I'm going to aim for 450whp, which will be plenty to set it apart from the crowd.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only thing i can see myself doing is trading in the girlfriends Mazda 6 for another hatch, she loves it. I would probably spend the money on the Sport Touring this time though. I didn't think I'd care about the exhaust as much as i do looks plain without that center exit.
I had a sport lease prior to financing my touring, I was debating stepping down to an EX to save a big chunk of cash I could then use to mod, but the small body kit pieces like the side skirts and the center exit visible exhaust made too much of a difference to me. It's a nightmare to do anything other than extend the tips on a non-sport exhaust, such as re-routing them to the center.

FWIW the touring is amazing... just don't get it if you plan on going full racecar. Unfortunately, I had no idea I would be bit with the modding bug once I "owned" the car, so now I'm doing mods I wouldn't really advise doing on a touring such as racing seats and drilling holes for the big wang. Going to significantly drop the value, so at this point I might as well keep it and get my money's worth!

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I am lucky enough to have a low mileage S2000 AND snatched up a perfect 1st gen Miata 5 months ago for only $1000!!

I am keeping all the vehicles and will spend money modding them instead of selling or increasing the stable.

I cannot stress enough that those of you looking at a Miata are on the right track! Every 90deg corner is drift time :)

Better hurry though because the drift culture are now realizing it is a viable car for them and it will become WAY TOO EXPENSIVE if you can find them, just like the 240sx and family!
dang you robbed someone blind on that deal! hahaa

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Probably either a used BRZ to turn into a drift car project.
Or a Tesla Model 3 (or the Model 2 if that comes out)
what vinyl is on the side of your car? i cant see it well in your pfp lol

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
It would have to be a 4-door truck. I would love to have something that can tow, specifically a boat or camping trailer. I was about to pull the trigger on a Tacoma or even F-150 but my love of manuals made me get the SI. That and the rear leg room (for my 5-year old) was what sold me.
Every vehicle I looked at, I immediately skipped to rear leg room and the Civic was doing really well.

Once my kid grows bigger, it'll either be a towing vehicle or a coupe. I always tell myself, "No more sports cars", but they never leave the short list of vehicles when I'm looking.

That's why I got the SI, I tell myself, "It's just a sedate family sedan" and I don't tell anyone otherwise ;)

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
It would have to be a 4-door truck. I would love to have something that can tow, specifically a boat or camping trailer. I was about to pull the trigger on a Tacoma or even F-150 but my love of manuals made me get the SI. That and the rear leg room (for my 5-year old) was what sold me.
Every vehicle I looked at, I immediately skipped to rear leg room and the Civic was doing really well.

Once my kid grows bigger, it'll either be a towing vehicle or a coupe. I always tell myself, "No more sports cars", but they never leave the short list of vehicles when I'm looking.

That's why I got the SI, I tell myself, "It's just a sedate family sedan" and I don't tell anyone otherwise ;)
I would like to get a crewcab pickup, too. Been wanting one for a long time. Not as a replacement. Just an addition. I wouldn't need its capabilities all the time, but it would be nice to be able to haul/tow something when needed. I will be selling my motorcycle in the spring, and want something to play with off-road, either a dirtbike or quad. And I'd need a way to get it there and back.

But damn, pick up prices are insane. I would definitely have to go the used route. New truck prices, for 4WD crewcabs are nuts.
Sponsored