Realistically, what is the next car you are aiming to get in the next couple years?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What's your goal for the next couple years? Planning on trading the civic or keeping it and picking something else up? Whats your reasoning?

For a long time I was torn between selling my civic in a few years and getting an F80 M3 or just paying off my civic and picking up a miata, I think I'm mostly set on the latter.

Would be nice to have a DCT M3 to drive in heavy new york traffic everyday but I think I'd be too overly worried about the car, girlfriend lives in the city so I do a lot of street parking as well and I already get anxiety with my civic lol. Hopefully can scoop up a miata sometime in the next 1-2 years before it gets tougher to find a nice one, 5k for a decent looking convertible rwd car? Sold!! Always wanted to have an old project car to learn on and also throw sideways
Sponsored

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I'm hoping to keep rowing my own gears for as long as possible, so if I'm buying new I might take a look at the new BRZ or WRX in a few years. If I keep the Si and am looking for second car I might go more impractical like a Miata. Used market would have plenty of more options, of course, but there's just somethin about that new-car smell :p

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I hope I can keep the Si, so maybe in a few years I would like to get an ND2 Miata when they're more affordable.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm hoping to keep rowing my own gears for as long as possible, so if I'm buying new I might take a look at the new BRZ or WRX in a few years. If I keep the Si and am looking for second car I might go more impractical like a Miata. Used market would have plenty of more options, of course, but there's just somethin about that new-car smell :p
Yeah man I can't lie nothing beats the new car smell and knowing that you're the only one that has driven it

gives good peace of mind and less worry

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hope I can keep the Si, so maybe in a few years I would like to get an ND2 Miata when they're more affordable.
nd2 miata is also really nice, I would've considered it before I got my 2020 but it was way out of my price range for new

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
nd2 miata is also really nice, I would've considered it before I got my 2020 but it was way out of my price range for new
Oh yeah it's the closest thing you can get to an s2k in the new market. 7.5 k redline and apple carplay/android auto, sign me up lol. They're extremely expensive though and not practical at all, so I have to wait. Luckily they're NA engines and usually owned by older folks so I don't have to worry about pre-hooned miatas as much. Idk what your price range would be but if you join SCCA you can get a discount on the Miata to like invoice price or something.

vasekvi

First Name
Vasek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Keeping my R. About to hit 60K. I cant think of a better balance between performance, practicality, reliability and fun.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
To be honest i plan on keeping this Type R till the wheels fall off. Cars are a money pit and i cant afford to keep living in the car payment trap all my life. I want to live the good life one day lol.

Any car that i have an interest in I am probably going to pay cash money for it or i aint buying it.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Car Payments are another term for Working slave. We fought too hard to get off the plantation. I refuse to go back

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Deff going to cop a Type R. Just have to decide between 10th and 11th gen, but with the renders that have come out recently.... I'll stick with the 10th gen. I wanted to buy one new from a dealer, but I doubt I'll be able to knock out the rest of my loan before the last new type R is sold off the last lot. Will likely end up paying about the same price for a used one, just have to hope it wasn't abused.....

Drift miata/10, but honestly would rather grab an R new. If I have to get a used R, the Miata will come first. I think prices will come down a bit in the next few years, especially if they produce a US 11th gen R. However, I do think after a point they will stabilize, and the models that were garage queens will start to tick back up over original MSRP. I could be wrong, but they made this car pretty available and I think most people that have wanted one have gotten their hands on one by now. Once people start forgetting about it, values will climb.

MOST realistically, I will end up buying a beater pickup truck as I start doing more yard work. The hatch is super practical until you start playing with dirt.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I keep my Mazda... I would like to pickup either a 6mt BRZ or used Si in a few years as a fun weekend car.

If I don't keep my Mazda... either a Mazda 3 Turbo hatchback or TLX Type S depending on price.

Curveball: If I want an SUV instead, either a Forester or Mazda CX-5.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Car Payments are another term for Working slave. We fought too hard to get off the plantation. I refuse to go back
this is some facts, this and college loans enslave you

having a type r till the wheels fall off is also lowkey not a bad idea, at the end of the day as long as you take care of it it'll still look baller

Prob the sexiest and comfiest dd there is
Sponsored