Real World VR Titanium Exhaust Usage?

Patches

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX5
Country flag
Hey all,

looking to get into an FK8 soon and already playing the window shopping game with fun bits.

I see a handful of titanium exhausts out - Tomei, Sequence, Rampage, Invidia, Boost Logic, Fujitsubo, and maybe one or two more. Anybody here have the Vivid Racing home-branded valved exhaust?

Not seeing anything from a forum search. It’s right at $3k, so on the higher side of exhausts, but I don’t know of any track record or real world reviews to see if it’s worth the dough over a proven offering.
Sponsored

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
Hey all,

looking to get into an FK8 soon and already playing the window shopping game with fun bits.

I see a handful of titanium exhausts out - Tomei, Sequence, Rampage, Invidia, Boost Logic, Fujitsubo, and maybe one or two more. Anybody here have the Vivid Racing home-branded valved exhaust?

Not seeing anything from a forum search. It’s right at $3k, so on the higher side of exhausts, but I don’t know of any track record or real world reviews to see if it’s worth the dough over a proven offering.
I got the boost logic one with the pressure valve. It helps maintain a bit low RPM torque and open fully above 7psi of boost. I'm guessing the other brand with titanium valved exhaust is the similar. To have full powar but still able to drive home quite

SpicyPIXEL

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP Civic Type R #43027
Country flag
Someone posted this on one of the Civic Type R Facebook pages. Good looking exhaust that sounds great too

moonrobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW
Country flag
Am also cross shopping the same options as you! I asked the VR folks to send some documentation or install video so I can see how the valves wire up to power. Depending on how invasive/labor intensive it is to route that wire I might just go for the Sequence one, since the pressure-activated ones don't need to run additional lines (I think..)

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5BW
Country flag
The Sequence one requires you to tap into a line under the hood and run it down the bottom side of the car to the valve at the center exhaust tip. A little bit of a hassle but not too bad and totally worth it. It is a superb exhaust in terms of quality and sound.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
No resonator on the VR exhaust means it'll likely drone even with the valve closed.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Am also cross shopping the same options as you! I asked the VR folks to send some documentation or install video so I can see how the valves wire up to power. Depending on how invasive/labor intensive it is to route that wire I might just go for the Sequence one, since the pressure-activated ones don't need to run additional lines (I think..)
how do you plan on operating a pressure activated valve without running a line for the valve to read the pressure?
you dont need to run electrical wiring to it but you are going to have to run a vacuum line to a boost source.

as far as power goes on the VR exhaust, id assume they grab it from the trunk/hatch area like the remus one does.

No resonator on the VR exhaust means it'll likely drone even with the valve closed.
it definitely sounds like it from videos and the way the exhaust is composed. also the reduction in valves closed/open is not enough and somewhat defeats the purpose of having a valve there imo.

i also dislike the unnatural "burn" that they did to the mufflers. Id look into other options before spending 3k on a VR branded exhaust.
Sponsored