Re: Your Lease--It's Official

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (Sonic Gray Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.
I just got an email notifying me that going forward I can only turn in my leased Civic to an authorized Honda or Acura dealer.

I had been hearing some folks on reddit briefly talk about this but it is official, no more going to a third party to get top dollar to buy out your lease.

Here is the important part of my email:

We hope you are enjoying your Honda lease. You have many more months to drive your Honda but, when you're ready for something new, please be aware of an important update regarding your lease return options.

In accordance with your Honda Financial ServicesSM lease agreement, all Honda leased vehicles must be returned to an authorized Honda or Acura dealer. In the event of a purchase, leased vehicles may only be purchased by the lessee named on the HFS lease agreement or by an authorized Honda or Acura dealer.

As always, you have three options.

1. Return your leased vehicle to any authorized Honda or Acura dealer and lease or purchase another vehicle.
  2. Purchase your leased vehicle.
  3. Simply return your vehicle to your Honda or Acura dealer.
Has anyone gotten a similar email from Honda Finance?

I guess with the car market in such a weird place due to shortages Honda has decided to play hardball with their leased vehicles.
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
This was on motor trend at least 3 weeks ago. It’s just the nature of the market, they are not/were not going to allow these loopholes to exists indefinitely once they caught on to people taking advantage of this.

They are not an auto maker to not make money. Simple market mechanisms at play.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This has been the case for years with most other manufacturers if you lease through them. If you have a 3rd party lease company they don't care where the money comes from as long as they get it.
Sponsored