First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
got 17x8 rfp1's wrapped in 245/45 PS4S's. Cautiously optimistic. Just ordered, and I'm already like, "what are gas prices?" :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
IronFusion

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks, all, for the comments and info. It was helpful to be able to draw on a pool of such awesome people!

Any suggestions on what one does when they have 4 OE Wheels now "laying around?"

I live in PA.... So if I save my acorns through the summer, I am thinking of wrapping the OE wheels (they still have on near-dead stock conti's; one has a buldge after ~20k mi) with budget A/S for that 'gotcha' transition in the fall and next spring. I already have 16" wheels wrapped in Michelin X-Ice, but the "turkey day to tax day" for winter tires hasn't held in recent years. Last year a bad snowstorm hit in mid November, but there were not sustained low temps to warrant the winters.

Opinions on sacrificing winter tire tread + spirited driving for ~2mths each year? How do others handle this conundrum?

cm5157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan, 2011 Ford Fiesta SES
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks, all, for the comments and info. It was helpful to be able to draw on a pool of such awesome people!

Any suggestions on what one does when they have 4 OE Wheels now "laying around?"

I live in PA.... So if I save my acorns through the summer, I am thinking of wrapping the OE wheels (they still have on near-dead stock conti's; one has a buldge after ~20k mi) with budget A/S for that 'gotcha' transition in the fall and next spring. I already have 16" wheels wrapped in Michelin X-Ice, but the "turkey day to tax day" for winter tires hasn't held in recent years. Last year a bad snowstorm hit in mid November, but there were not sustained low temps to warrant the winters.

Opinions on sacrificing winter tire tread + spirited driving for ~2mths each year? How do others handle this conundrum?
Move to Texas and run UHP Summers all year round

OP
OP
IronFusion

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So close to being done with break-in. The vehicle hasn't been detuned this much this long since being stock. She yearns, she aches. I sooth her, saying sweet nothings while leaning in and out a bit at a time. Ever closer. ~500mi. Beat drop. Tune 3. No VSA. Hoooooooon.

But. Then. Just. Over. Half-way

Last edited:
OP
OP
IronFusion

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just took these off. Love em. I have another season left with a rotation, so I'm dissapointed that I'll only get two seasons on a warranted tire. I do commend the even wear and consistent performance. No grip fall-off after x miles.

They were on for around 7 months and nearly 7,000mi. I may have rotated them in there around July buy the fronts are much closer to bar than the rears.

Front:
Honda Civic 10th gen [Re-title] The neurotic decision making of a 1st time UHP Summer Tire Buyer 20191107_191717

Rear:
Honda Civic 10th gen [Re-title] The neurotic decision making of a 1st time UHP Summer Tire Buyer 20191107_192325

OP
OP
IronFusion

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does it ever rub anywhere? Over Bumps while turning?
Not at all. If it doesn't rub, I'd recommend going even wider in the front. Not sure if 8.5" will clear, but if I'd love to have more width from what i have.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Michelin PS4, Continental Sportcontact 6 and Goodyear eagle f1 supercar are all very close in performance and very similar tires .I recently bought the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport (which is the european version of the Eagle f1 supercar) and those where even cheaper then Michelin ps4.

OP
OP
IronFusion

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Michelin PS4, Continental Sportcontact 6 and Goodyear eagle f1 supercar are all very close in performance and very similar tires .I recently bought the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport (which is the european version of the Eagle f1 supercar) and those where even cheaper then Michelin ps4.
Have you had both? I'm thinking of getting some supercar3s end of season. I drove very little this year, but my PS4S are a couple 32nds above the wear strip. If this had been closer to a normal driving season they would be shot by now.

I'm averse to going with Contis again... The stock procontact-tx wore to an unsafe degree in about a year (less winter, and before I was fully tuned), and my fall/spring Raptors handle almost as well as the Contis ever did.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you had both? I'm thinking of getting some supercar3s end of season. I drove very little this year, but my PS4S are a couple 32nds above the wear strip. If this had been closer to a normal driving season they would be shot by now.

I'm averse to going with Contis again... The stock procontact-tx wore to an unsafe degree in about a year (less winter, and before I was fully tuned), and my fall/spring Raptors handle almost as well as the Contis ever did.
No i haven't.But i've seen plenty of reviews and they all say the ps4 and supercar tires are really close to each other.With the ps4 being slightly softer and the supercar being slightly stiffer because of the sidewalls.Dry and wet handling are both almost the same ,braking also.
In my area the goodyears are $20-$30 cheaper then the ps4s .

Tyre reviews also did a longer term test between the 2
he tested these mutiple times in other video's too.
PS4S Vs Supersport
Sponsored