Re-sprayed panels???

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Got my paint thickness gauge in mail yesterday and measured around my civic. Rear left quater panel as well passenger door are re-painted!!! all around car paint measures 100-120 and those panes 228-240. WTF??????? sneaky dealership never disclosed that the car had a paint job (bought it brand new with 15mi on the clock). Could that be a repair done at the factory? any one had the same issue? BTW, dealership is russel and smith in houston, so beware
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Probably the port did it or they received it with shipping damage and had to fix it.

OP
OP

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Probably the port did it or they received it with shipping damage and had to fix it.
yeah, unlikely it was dealership, the car was there only 3days and I saw it in between...still not fun...spoke with them today. they will investigate and come back to me

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah, unlikely it was dealership, the car was there only 3days and I saw it in between...still not fun...spoke with them today. they will investigate and come back to me
I'm curious as to what you'd find if you went to a dealership and measured a group of other new Civics.

OP
OP

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
I'm curious as to what you'd find if you went to a dealership and measured a group of other new Civics.
not sure..I doubt though there will be lots of cars with some sort of body repairs. but who knows

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Working in a PDI center we see a lot of incoming cars where there was damage when it came into port and the port tried to fix it themselves and fucked it up even more.

OP
OP

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Working in a PDI center we see a lot of incoming cars where there was damage when it came into port and the port tried to fix it themselves and fucked it up even more.
Oh my. Well, I can’t really tell that it was re-resprayed...I tried to look hard but don’t see the difference. Guess I’ll have a better look at it whenever i’ll do paint correction. Would they usually re-spray with the clear coat after paint coat?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any major paint work would probably have been done after it arrived at the dealer as I'm not sure the port would try to fix anything that would require whole body panels to be painted. I'd take it back to the dealer and show them your paint measurements and tell them to check it themselves while you watch.
Sponsored