Jay784

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CTR
Country flag
One thing that oddly seems to have also made the car more comfortable is the rigid collar set. Until you've had them long enough for them to become the norm, you feel them every time you're driving. As solid as the FK8 is already, the rigid collars just lock things in that little bit more. My guess is that with the entire structure of the car being that little bit more rigid, it forces and/or enables the suspension to do it's job that same little bit better. I did them when I did the rear camber arms and I was rather stunned at how I could immediately feel a difference, especially in any cornering situation, even Interstate on-ramps (if you drive like I do). They are a tremendous hassle to install yourself unless you have a lift, but I highly recommend them. (Sorry for the divergence.)
Thanks for the divergence. I've been running K-tuned springs for almost a year now. Next month rigid collars are going on the car. Now I'm really looking forward to them getting installed after reading your review.
Sponsored

OsirisPalko

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Thanks for the divergence. I've been running K-tuned springs for almost a year now. Next month rigid collars are going on the car. Now I'm really looking forward to them getting installed after reading your review.
What are your thoughts on the collars?

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
The collars improve the connection (and alignment) of the subframes to the chassis. The chassis will feel more unified and solid going over bumps, even if it's subtle.

Jay784

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CTR
Country flag
Wow. people are sleeping on this mod. Immediately, you can tell the suspension is allowed to work more efficiently. Steering and handling feels even more sharp. It made me want to drive the car more again. I'm guessing people pass on this mod, because it isn't visual or audible. As the driver, you'll notice the change.

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
I'd like to add that I used the knockoff versions from Thailand, bought on Ebay. I don't see a reason to pay Spoon premium for such simple pieces of aluminum.

OP
OP
nYdGeo

nYdGeo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
I'd like to add that I used the knockoff versions from Thailand, bought on Ebay. I don't see a reason to pay Spoon premium for such simple pieces of aluminum.
So did I. Same materials, same specs. Rigid collar is a rigid collar. They work and were under $200 for the entire front and rear set!

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Here is a link to a good video from @wstaab talking about the Steering wheel angle sensor reset and static ride height reset after lowering. @wstaab was a member here till he left the CTR for a McLaren!

Autel MaxiAP 200 from amazon will reset both of these values.

***EDIT*** Autel MaxiAP 200 will not reset the ride height...it will read and display adjustable shock data in realtime but not reset :doh: I'll update if I find a user friendly solution.

Another good video on rigid collar install...

Sponsored

Last edited: