Razo heel toe pedal?

LittleturboSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
After replying to the most loved/hated thread, I feel the need of taking a step to help the driving experience. The Si fun is mostly about the manual shifting, if not all. I don't want these pedals to ruin the fun anymore! It feels so good when you have executed a perfect heel toe, the sound, the response, the whole feeling goes up to your spine. Yes I know it's not much necessary for daily driving; but it's not necessary to have a 200 hp car neither. It's all about fun and making myself happy. The engineer who made the pedals position must have a size 15, at least his right foot!

Anyone has input on the Razo gas pedal? I know the Acuity spacer is more popular here, but that only raise the height and I want to reduce the horizontal gap too. This Razo looks promising and cheaper too. Not sure if I need size small or large ?

https://www.amazon.com/Razo-RP81A-C...ccelerator,+Small&qid=1580144867&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Honda Civic 10th gen Razo heel toe pedal? 41QMS4BRC4L
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
The Acuity spacer adjusts the lateral positioning as well. Perrin makes one as well that probably positions the pedal even better than the Acuity piece, but it does require cutting a bit off of one of the mounting bolts.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haven't seen any reviews or heard of this, but feel free to try it out and provide a review here so it's documented :)

I've got my Acuity pedal spacer, and by now it's probably preference but I really like the raised pedal along with some lateral adjustment. It's not a whole lot of lateral adjustment and I haven't practiced a ton of heel-and-toe, but on the flip side it's not too much that would make me gas and brake by error.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
The Acuity spacer adjusts the lateral positioning as well. Perrin makes one as well that probably positions the pedal even better than the Acuity piece, but it does require cutting a bit off of one of the mounting bolts.
You had to cut something off your mounting bolt? I'm not sure how different the Si is from the CTR, but I didn't need to do any such thing. That said, you're correct regarding the lateral adjustment as well as height. I'm not sure if this Razo pedal lifts the pedal any higher. In reality, he could do both too since the Razo does offer a more fluid lateral adjustment :p

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
You had to cut something off your mounting bolt? I'm not sure how different the Si is from the CTR, but I didn't need to do any such thing. That said, you're correct regarding the lateral adjustment as well as height. I'm not sure if this Razo pedal lifts the pedal any higher. In reality, he could do both too since the Razo does offer a more fluid lateral adjustment :p
For the Perrin mount, yes, it requires cutting one of the mounting bolts.

whymi

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 si, 17 type r
Country flag
I know this information probably doesn't help much for this generation si, but I have the whole razo pedal set for my 93 si and it puts the gas and brake pedals practically on top of each other. I like them. But also my car didn't have aluminum pedals with grips factory.

OP
OP

LittleturboSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I will get one and report back. Checked with them and small is the right size.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
does the pedal space allow the pedal to travel further than intended?

OP
OP

LittleturboSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
does the pedal space allow the pedal to travel further than intended?
No. This pedal is installed on top of the original pedal. So it will not have anything to do with the bottom clearance. It also comes with 2 different sizes spacers to raise it less or more.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
I just ordered one. Should be here this weekend.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Welp I installed mine. The small is not big enough. The straps that secure to the pedal were not long enough but I made it work. The result is great driveability wise. We will see how it holds up to daily driving.

privatejet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
How did you end up mounting it, did you just drill into the stock pedal?

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did you end up mounting it, did you just drill into the stock pedal?
No the straps I was able to secure using the hardware but it's not ideal. Should hold up just as well. It's very solid so far.

OP
OP

LittleturboSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Welp I installed mine. The small is not big enough. The straps that secure to the pedal were not long enough but I made it work. The result is great driveability wise. We will see how it holds up to daily driving.
Thanks for the info! I haven't got mine yet but I will try the big size then. Do you mean the backplate not big enough? I doubt the backplate or strap are bigger in size big, it could be just the top pedal being bigger. Did you use any of the two size spacers?
Sponsored