RAZIR LED Headlight Kit for EX model

jaspion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX
I want to change the halogens to LEDs. Came across RAZIR LED Headlight Kit, supposed to be plug-n-play.

Should I get it? I've noticed a different wattage (35W) as opposed to the one on the manual (55W), I'm not sure if that applies to LEDs. And what's a CANBUS?

What would happen(if anything) if I install it either way?
Their product show doesn't mention the "what if's"

Here's the link:
http://www.hidextra.com/razir-led-headlight-kit/

Honda Civic 10th gen RAZIR LED Headlight Kit for EX model HIDEXTRA_RAZIR_image_A__64501.1429738423.519.415
Sponsored

OP
OP

jaspion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX
So pretty much this is what specifies on the manual, and what is specified about the LED headlight kit.
Should I just go with High Performance Halogens?

Honda Civic 10th gen RAZIR LED Headlight Kit for EX model Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 12.48.52 PM

RAZIR LED Headlight Kit:

Honda Civic 10th gen RAZIR LED Headlight Kit for EX model Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 12.50.18 PM

futurehendrix

Intro about nothin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Camry XSE 2.5L, 16' Civic EX-L 1.5L TURBO

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
3600 lumen compared to the 2500 of the xenon depot ones. I have a feeling those would be insanely bright

futurehendrix

Intro about nothin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Camry XSE 2.5L, 16' Civic EX-L 1.5L TURBO
3600 lumen compared to the 2500 of the xenon depot ones. I have a feeling those would be insanely bright
Something tells me that's per PAIR of lights, however I'm not familiar with the brand so I could easily be wrong.

Secondly, that bulky fan is not going to fit, especially on the driver's side- I barely got heatsink fans to spread out properly

Third(ly) These are CREE LED's, which can't hold a candle to the Phillips Luxeon LED. I tried Crees out at first and the differences are phenomenal!!!

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Dont worry about the canbus. The light system on the Honda Civic are not connected to the Canbus system. There won't be a warning light on your dash if you change bulbs. Razirled will be brighter since it's running 30watts. The xenon led kit are only 20watts. But the color and crisp will look better on xenon due to the Phillips led. Stock bulbs are 55watts so kits up to 55watts shouldn't be an issue. I'm waiting on my vled led kit which is 45watts with the Phillips led. It should be insanely bright. I'm going to do a comparison with my DDM ultra HID 35watt and 55watt next weekend.

OP
OP

jaspion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX
Dont worry about the canbus. The light system on the Honda Civic are not connected to the Canbus system. There won't be a warning light on your dash if you change bulbs. Razirled will be brighter since it's running 30watts. The xenon led kit are only 20watts. But the color and crisp will look better on xenon due to the Phillips led. Stock bulbs are 55watts so kits up to 55watts shouldn't be an issue. I'm waiting on my vled led kit which is 45watts with the Phillips led. It should be insanely bright. I'm going to do a comparison with my DDM ultra HID 35watt and 55watt next weekend.
Thanks! I'll be waiting on those pics for sure!

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I used to run the philips crystal vision in all my vehicles before until I couldn't find them anywhere but online. Way better than silverstar. Same brightness and didn't burn out so often. Ran then for almost 2 years. If you aren't going to go with hid or led that's what I would suggest. PIAA are too expensive for a bulb that burns out so quick and they aren't the cheap bulbs that might melt your harness
Sponsored