First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey so I bought a set of Rays TE37 wheels and want to know if anyone has experienced the size/offset combo.
Honda Civic 10th gen Rays TE37 18x8.5 +30 front 18x9.5 +40 rear IMG_0183.JPG

I currently have 235/40/18 tires and OEM 18x8 +50 Hatchback Sport rims with 20mm spacers effectively making the offset +30. I'm -0.5 on the front and -1.5 degrees of camber for the rear. I love the look and I experience no issues with rubbing. I'm dropped on Eibach Sportlines.

Just looking into some insight. Should I prepare to roll my fenders? I don't want to go more than -2.0 degrees of camber. I do have the SPC rear camber arms.

I appreciate any feedback. Thanks guys!
My current setup:
Honda Civic 10th gen Rays TE37 18x8.5 +30 front 18x9.5 +40 rear IMG_0092.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Rays TE37 18x8.5 +30 front 18x9.5 +40 rear IMG_0033.JPG

Last edited:

Nas83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback EX
Country flag
Do you think 225/45/18 series tires would rub? I'm on RPF1 with offset of 35 and love your setup. Looking into sportlines too. Could you have set it up with less camber or that's the closest you can get to Oem range? Thanks

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you think 225/45/18 series tires would rub? I'm on RPF1 with offset of 35 and love your setup. Looking into sportlines too. Could you have set it up with less camber or that's the closest you can get to Oem range? Thanks
I was hoping to use the same size tire but I wouldn't mind stepping down to 225, it'll be a stretch for 9.5 wide wheels tho.

As for camber, I went with -1.5 (within spec) because i didn't want any chance of rubbing since I occasionally carry passengers. I think I could of went to -1.0 or less with no problems. You want a bit of camber (within spec) for better grip.

Nas83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback EX
Country flag
I was hoping to use the same size tire but I wouldn't mind stepping down to 225, it'll be a stretch for 9.5 wide wheels tho.

As for camber, I went with -1.5 (within spec) because i didn't want any chance of rubbing since I occasionally carry passengers. I think I could of went to -1.0 or less with no problems. You want a bit of camber (within spec) for better grip.
Your tire wear is not so bad? When you were on your old oem wheels setup did you rub with the 225 tires? I'm just gauging since I have somewhat close to that old setup you had and if sportlines will be ok without any fender mods even with passengers or load. Do you have a current pic of your car with the new setup? That must be a nice combo with the color of your car and the volk wheels

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your tire wear is not so bad? When you were on your old oem wheels setup did you rub with the 225 tires? I'm just gauging since I have somewhat close to that old setup you had and if sportlines will be ok without any fender mods even with passengers or load. Do you have a current pic of your car with the new setup? That must be a nice combo with the color of your car and the volk wheels
I never had 225 tires. The stock OEM tire width is 235. So if you went with 225 on the Sport wheels you'd have no issues at all.

My Volks are currently being shipped from Japan. So it'll be a few weeks before I can see fitment on them.

Nas83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback EX
Country flag
I never had 225 tires. The stock OEM tire width is 235. So if you went with 225 on the Sport wheels you'd have no issues at all.

My Volks are currently being shipped from Japan. So it'll be a few weeks before I can see fitment on them.
Wow really those are wide for oem. I have 18x8 et 35 enkei wheels w 225/45 tires. It's on stock height currently and seems like I would have no problem with the sportlines. Are you still on stock shocks? How's the ride?

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow really those are wide for oem. I have 18x8 et 35 enkei wheels w 225/45 tires. It's on stock height currently and seems like I would have no problem with the sportlines. Are you still on stock shocks? How's the ride?
Correct no problems at all for your size/setup. Ride is good on stock shocks. I'll upgrade when eibach / koni / tein come up with something for the hatchback.

pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 R32 GTR, 2010 WRX STi, 2002 EP3 SiR
Looks like the rear might get a bit tight. Your current setup looks flush, so hopefully any pulling/rolling will be minimal. Any concerns with staggered tire size? A RWD stagger will destroy how the car handles under stress.. But stretching the same tire front and back might be aesthetically unpleasant.

Love the classic wheel choice tho.

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like the rear might get a bit tight. Your current setup looks flush, so hopefully any pulling/rolling will be minimal. Any concerns with staggered tire size? A RWD stagger will destroy how the car handles under stress.. But stretching the same tire front and back might be aesthetically unpleasant.

Love the classic wheel choice tho.
Yeah I got a quote from a shop here locally and they said they could make it work with a little fender roll. I'll know for sure when I receive the wheels.

I'm not racing/autocrossing this car so a stagger setup will be okay. If anything tire rotations would be the trade off.

pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 R32 GTR, 2010 WRX STi, 2002 EP3 SiR
Yeah I got a quote from a shop here locally and they said they could make it work with a little fender roll. I'll know for sure when I receive the wheels.

I'm not racing/autocrossing this car so a stagger setup will be okay. If anything tire rotations would be the trade off.
Good to hear your car won't be getting the baseball bat and heat gun treatment :). Out of curiosity, is there much of an inner fender lip to roll? Or is it flat/pinched?

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good to hear your car won't be getting the baseball bat and heat gun treatment :). Out of curiosity, is there much of an inner fender lip to roll? Or is it flat/pinched?
The front is pretty much pinched already in the shape of a "V". The rear has maybe 3/8" to roll and flatten to a "V".