First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Looking proper man! Why spacers though?
I'm a little anal about the fitment. I want that flush look without much gap, and +38 had like half inch space if you look from the side lol. So i tried to close that with 3mm spacer, it looks ok but i think the proper way to get the fitment i want is with wider tires like the Yokohamas.
Sponsored

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
I'm a little anal about the fitment. I want that flush look without much gap, and +38 had like half inch space if you look from the side lol. So i tried to close that with 3mm spacer, it looks ok but i think the proper way to get the fitment i want is with wider tires like the Yokohamas.
Haha! I’m the same. I like to push it as flush as possible, but I’m almost rubbing at +40 so I can’t imagine going with +38 and 3mm spacers so that’s basically +35. How much trimming did you have to do to the rear arch?

soapctr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Haha! I’m the same. I like to push it as flush as possible, but I’m almost rubbing at +40 so I can’t imagine going with +38 and 3mm spacers so that’s basically +35. How much trimming did you have to do to the rear arch?
I got a local shop to do it so I can't comment on how much exactly. But I know it wasn't just a small shave.
Although before my spacers I wasn't rubbing at all. I think rubbing really comes down to the tire width (265, 255 all different width depending on manufacturer)

Atsgarge_SGFK8

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Nice! Did you get these from ICBMotorsport? I wish they didn’t discontinued these! There is something about the OG.
Yeah my good friend Matt owns ICB and I was down over in Arizona this past weekend and picked them up! And yeah I love the OG CE28s

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Yeah my good friend Matt owns ICB and I was down over in Arizona this past weekend and picked them up! And yeah I love the OG CE28s
Haha, so you’re the one. I was shopping around and came across this on ICB along with he Hyper Blue one. Then a few days later, this color is no longer listed.

Atsgarge_SGFK8

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Haha, so you’re the one. I was shopping around and came across this on ICB along with he Hyper Blue one. Then a few days later, this color is no longer listed.
Hahaha yeah I swooped them up as soon as I saw he had a set available! Lol

Panda-R

First Name
Hiroshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Anyone see any 18x9.5 +42 CE28N available anywhere?

Panda-R

First Name
Hiroshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Thanks but boost blue and hyper blue might not work too well together.

Maybe I try another size that won't rub on stock height. No plans to lower.

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Thanks but boost blue and hyper blue might not work too well together.

Maybe I try another size that won't rub on stock height. No plans to lower.
You can run almost anything (within reason) and not rub on stock height. 9.5 + 35 with a 265/35 or 255/40 would be fine. I think if you're sticking to stock height the 255/40 would look better since it fills the wheel gap better.

Panda-R

First Name
Hiroshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
You can run almost anything (within reason) and not rub on stock height. 9.5 + 35 with a 265/35 or 255/40 would be fine. I think if you're sticking to stock height the 255/40 would look better since it fills the wheel gap better.
yeah no slammage for me, see no reason to go to coilovers yet and will be daily driving it.

I'll explore that option of trying to find the 18x9.5 +35. Seen any pics of that setup by any chance?
Sponsored