Dombroski661

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic
Country flag
Took it to another Dealership today and they were able to fix it . They had to add more insulation / padding to the door and re-adjust the lock striker .
Sponsored

Last edited:

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Where would I put it tho? It’s an excessive and super loud rattle . I can hear it with the radio up high
It's hard to describe but you have to put pressure on a bunch of places and where ever the sound stops when you put pressure on it, you'd want something behind that to dampen it.

moham2511

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Country flag
Has anyone found where the sound is coming from? I removed the panel and tried stuffing foam inside in a few different areas but I couldn’t stop the vibration/rattle.

Jake91s

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic lx
Country flag
I own a 19 civic lx, I understand I got the least expensive one they offer but i have rattles everywhere. Most of them dont happen unless i have my radio at around 20. The most annoying one is the cover to the LKAS any pothole makes it sound like its going to fall down. I've talked to the dealer about this. They gave me the dont waste my time attitude. I'm going to get some sound mat for the radio rattles but not sure what to do about the cover.. any ideas?? Not really sure how it would come off with out damaging it or introducing dust to the camera

GreaseCrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 "Clifford" Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2015 Civic EX 5MT
Country flag
If you guys own hatches, one of the main places where rattling happens for us is the tweeters in the A beam and rear door. I took mine out and put electrical tape around the housing and it stopped some of the rattling.

Buzzzzz

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe ex-t
Country flag
Yeah. Ok. From my removing the door panel 5 times...here are locations that rattle so far:

tweeter wiring harness
door panel near speaker port
window controls wiring

you can solve or come close to solving by:

wrapping harnesses in adhesive foam window insulation (Home Depot)

Using more strips of window adhesive insulation, remove the panel, pick out the points on the door frame most likely to contact the panel...run strips of foam along these parts...but be careful to not cover up your panel clip holes.

near the lower speaker (bass and mid range on the premium system) Surround the area with foam strips that may contact the panel.

if you have already added sound deadening inside your door, consider purchasing Noico Red closed cell adhesive mat (Amazon) and Put it on THE PANEL, not on the door itself. When you snap the panel back in place, the noico material will keep the panel from rattling on the door parts.

Mind you, this will help, but I still have mystery rattles.

Grommet45

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm experiencing the same thing! here for answers.
The outside door handle linkage is the issue. If you take the door panel off and look inside behind the handle you'll see the linkage rod, it pushes down when you pull on the handle, the rods end is bent and gos threw an armature extending from the doors latching mechanism. At the end of the armature theres like a tray with a clip that forms a hole that the handles linkage rod gos threw, its a loose fit and the rod just rattles agenst the hard plastic. If your able to coat that tip with something soft the rattling will stop. When I can ill post some pictures.

LesAnanasNeParlentPas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Corolla CE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a rattling noise from the front grille on my 2020 civic ex. i wonder if people are having the same issue?
Sponsored