Rattling Sound

davissaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Hopefully I can get some sort of answers from anyone on the forms regarding what this sound is. I've been to one dealer twice and they weren't able to fix it and another dealer recently that said there were just rocks on the heat shield. I had high hopes that the sound was gone, but was let down again :( .

I've uploaded a video of the sound below. It basically sounds like a metal rattle sound and only begins to appear once I reach speeds above 60mph. (Being a daily interstate driver, you can imagine how much this annoys me!) It also sounds like it is only on the passenger side and not the driver's side.

Is anyone else having this issue by chance?

Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Sorry man, but I don't hear anything in that video.

So it's not a plasticy-trim rattle, but metallic? Stupid question, but nothing in the glovebox, cup holders, door pockets, etc?

OP
OP

davissaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Maybe I'm going crazy. I'm fairly sure it's metal and nothing is in the glovebox, cupholders, etc. I think what I might end up doing is waiting until it cools off and get underneath where I think it is and start tapping at things.

shihkster1015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
try smacking the backside of the passenger seat.
Mine and the same noise and it came from the mechanism that lowers the passenger seat

iamdman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring 2016
I heard something like that in mine, turns out it was the front passenger seat belt buckle flopping around

jzude99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honds Civic EX-T
I had a similar rattling sound coming from the passenger side when exceeding 50 MPH. I found a bolt under the car near rear tire that was loose. Tightened the bolt and noise went away. This was a black bolt (10MM) holding the edge of the chassis cover. At speeds exceeding 50 MPG the cover and metal washer on bolt would start flapping .

rickms80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I had a similar rattling sound coming from the passenger side when exceeding 50 MPH. I found a bolt under the car near rear tire that was loose. Tightened the bolt and noise went away. This was a black bolt (10MM) holding the edge of the chassis cover. At speeds exceeding 50 MPG the cover and metal washer on bolt would start flapping .
Can you send a pic. I see several black bolts.

MrBudha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Had a similar rattle. Turned out to be the sunroof.

ktavares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic lx
Hopefully I can get some sort of answers from anyone on the forms regarding what this sound is. I've been to one dealer twice and they weren't able to fix it and another dealer recently that said there were just rocks on the heat shield. I had high hopes that the sound was gone, but was let down again :( .

I've uploaded a video of the sound below. It basically sounds like a metal rattle sound and only begins to appear once I reach speeds above 60mph. (Being a daily interstate driver, you can imagine how much this annoys me!) It also sounds like it is only on the passenger side and not the driver's side.

Did you ever find the problem? I have literally an identical sound anyone have any suggestions??

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Had a similar rattle. Turned out to be the sunroof.
I have a sunroof rattle. what did you do. I would need to remove the shade. anyone know how to just remove the shade. I will post a video of my noise in the next few days. definitely 1 rattle from sun roof.

mq99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
h

DID U FIND A SOLUTION???????,,???
Sponsored