Rattling noises from the cabin..??

Ogglol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2018 1.5L Sport plus
Country flag
So recently I have started hearing raddling noices from the inside in the cabin, sometimes there is nothing but then suddenly it can just start. For example the plastic bit at the top of my roof where the lights are, its starting to raddle sometimes and when you hear it one time your brain just picks up every single time. Also I hear sounds like above my head to the left of the driver side.

Do you have any of these issues?
Sponsored

Rusina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see what you mean. The reason for all the squeaks and rattles is the more plastics that are in new cars these days. Another thing to remember is that newer cars are so much quieter so any rattle is amplified.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
Welcome to your GenX Civic! LOL!!! But seriously, ya, it is super annoying.

The worst of the rattles seem to be from the A pillar covers. They come off easy enough and you can then either add felt or foam tape to wherever the plastic seems loose. Just don't put anything on or in front of the airbags that are behind the covers.

Besides the pillars, I haven't had any other rattle issues except for my stupid garage door opener. The fix for that is going to be the automatic mirror with Homelink sometime in the future.

Here are a couple of videos on the process:

aymehr

Ari
First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
I had a dealer fix my headliner, now I hear it from the dash board. :bat: My leather steering wheel also has a hole on its surface facing away from me. Just randomly felt it with my hand while driving.

I'm disappointed in the quality of mine.