croozer2000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I have a rattling noise that begins around 70MPH and goes to about 80MPH. It sounds metallic and seems to be coming from either under the gear shift under the car or in the engine compartment. I'm trying to find where exactly its coming from. I'm just wondering if the location and the type of sound seems to be something loose or do you guys think it is some serious mechanical issue?
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
check the lower engine cover plate. they get loose or folks don't secure them properly and they can rattle like you described.

SirVicksDeep

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Check to make sure your hood bar is locked in place. If it isn't it will raddle against the frame and make a noise at different RMPs

OP
OP

croozer2000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I started smacking the bottom of the splash guard. I believe the issue is not the lower engine plate section now, but the plastic area under the drivers side seat.

Last edited:

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
I started smacking the bottom of the splash guard. I believe the issue is not the lower engine plate section now, but the plastic area under the drivers side seat.
Please update me if you find out whats wrong. I've been trying to isolate this exact same noise driver side somewhere underneath dash

OP
OP

croozer2000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I Have not had time lately to check out the issue, but I will post when I find it.

OP
OP

croozer2000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry I have not messaged lately. It turns out it’s rocks getting stuck under the splash shields. A air compressor would help or you may have to take out by hand some of the more stubborn rocks.
Sponsored