Rattling noise

10genderek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Right side inner panel, inside the trunk, where the Right side tail light assembly is

10genderek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Well hopefully I'll find out if it's something behind the bumper, I hope it is and not a body seam issue

rickms80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Well hopefully I'll find out if it's something behind the bumper, I hope it is and not a body seam issue
I think it has something to do with how the bumper is mounted. I can push the bumper near the light and it will squeak. Also, if I place my hand on the bumper inside the wheel just above the splash guard and push towards the rear of the car it will squeak near the top of the bumper near the tail light.

10genderek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Well I think i will be able to get the bumper off today, might just apply thin ept tape to all contact areas and see if it still does it, glad we at least have the area pin pointed

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic

So here is what I think is the source of our issue anyways.
i have the same on the drivers side rear noise. see the bumper seam gap is bigger there too.

keep us informed

Last edited:

hobojoe2010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Same issue in my week old Civic Touring. Ever find out if the bumper was the culprit?

HondA.cura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Exact same thing going on with my Touring. I've laid in the back, disassembled the rear lining, the trunk lid lining, and even removed the upholstery backing felt from the rear seat. I've tucked business cards in between the bumper cover and taillight even. The dealer of course "could not reproduce" this sound. The car is WAY too loud on the interstate anyway, I've decided to sell it or trade it in on a TLX when I find a deal. Shame, this Civic is so so close to being very great. My car also makes the known 'grinding' sound upon startup, the rain sensor is crap, the new variable displacement compressor doesn't cool the car anywhere near what my 14 Accord could. And my radio would work for the first month of ownership.

holtbest12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Well I think i will be able to get the bumper off today, might just apply thin ept tape to all contact areas and see if it still does it, glad we at least have the area pin pointed
We're you able to get this issue resolved? I think this is the same issue the first one I bought had. It was built 6/16 in Indiana. I took it back to the dealer immediately and turned in the keys. Hopefully the new one won't have this issue.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I have the same issue. Dealer found a rock in my rear bumper that was hitting the metal in the back causing a rattle. Master tech said these these new civics are prone to debries getting into the bumpers

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Same issue. Have an appointment tomorrow. Course it didn't do it on the commute home but it was SO loud this morning.

Rear passenger side. If I apply pressure (as though sitting down) on the edge of the seat and bounce, the sound replicates.

I hope that's enough for them, because the amount of dignity I'm going to lose trying that may not be worth it.

It's not the pebble rattle some have posted. It's the sound that reminds me of squeaky styrofoam

Last edited:

Justin G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport.
Country flag
I just read people are finding its to clip that holds the seat release latch. Taking it off and covering the hole with duct tape and putting the clip back in solves the rattle.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
I just read people are finding its to clip that holds the seat release latch. Taking it off and covering the hole with duct tape and putting the clip back in solves the rattle.
can you post a picture, where is the clip? in the back? side pillar? thanks

or in the trunk?
Sponsored