Rattling noise

Civictour16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I called Honda Customer Care, reported the dealership, and they escalated it to a case manager. They already spoke to another dealership for me to take care of the issue. I am not going back to that dealership, I am honestly afraid they will revenge fuck up my car. I was just shocked they accused me of forcing the techs to say anything, I'm a very chill guy that avoids confrontation as much as possible. I'm hoping with all these finds for this rattle in this thread, I may take that to the techs and have them do the same.
I agree that is just awful that they accused you. Hopefully now that Honda is involved the new dealer will go above and beyond to resolve your rattles. I have not experienced the steering wheel one and so far the foam tape in the bumper clips have been eliminating the rear rattle in my car. Hope it helps.
Sponsored

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I agree that is just awful that they accused you. Hopefully now that Honda is involved the new dealer will go above and beyond to resolve your rattles. I have not experienced the steering wheel one and so far the foam tape in the bumper clips have been eliminating the rear rattle in my car. Hope it helps.
Told my girlfriend to drive the car yesterday while I listened closely to the sound. I just put my hand under the dash, and eventually touched a piece that caused my dash/steering wheel rattle to go away, now I gotta wait to take it to the dealership to tell them. Took me a whole 15 minutes to figure out the issue that the dealership "couldn't replicate". On the down side, it seems like I have even more trunk noises ever since I picked up the car from the dealership. I have three different noises coming from the back there, before it was only the one that I'm fairly certain is the clip issue. Feels like I gained the styrofoam squeak, and the "loose pebble" rattle (which in all honesty, could really just be a pebble that got in the bumper). Next Saturday simply can't come fast enough.

If it's not asking too much, are you able to take a picture of how you put the foam tape in the bumper clips? I know where the clip is located, just confused where exactly the tape should go.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Update. They said it was, if I recall correctly, something to do with a panel assembly. Not sure if that means the rear bumper or internally, but pretty sure they said it was external. They took it off, reinstalled it, and it hasn't made the noise since now.

Sorry that's not much help, I can't remember the specifics and the service write up was really vague.
Annnnnnd it's back again.

*sigh*

arcilite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I think it has something to do with how the bumper is mounted. I can push the bumper near the light and it will squeak. Also, if I place my hand on the bumper inside the wheel just above the splash guard and push towards the rear of the car it will squeak near the top of the bumper near the tail light.
Were you ever able to solve this?

I think I have the same exact noise coming from the same spot. Rear Passenger side. Kind of where the taillight+bumper+quarter panel all converge.

I have not had much luck with the local dealership.

civicdota

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Sedan
Country flag
Any have issues with rattle noise coming from what appears to be the headliner? I hear rattle randomly from what appears to be the head linear near the rear seats, possibly around where the rear dome light is. Not sure how to remove and secure wires/whatever crap there is in there.
Sponsored