Rattling noise coming from...everywhere in the cabin.

SuperTony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic RS 1.5T
Country flag
Hi guys.
First of all, I have to say that I ALREADY looking for solutions everywhere that I can, from google, youtube, friends,...but nothing can help.
My car have made tons of rattling noises, plastic to plastic like noises almost everywhere. I have fixed some noises by watching youtube of someone have the same problem. But in these 2 places I’m still cannot find a solution and it’s really annoying to drive like this.
1. Somewhere in the front passenger seat. With someone sitting on it, the noise is very small.
2. In front of the dash. This is the most annoying and loudest noise. If I tap on the dash I can hear it rattling somewhere in the center air vent, very clear.
Please don’t ask me to bring my car to the Dealer which I already did and got lots of scratches on the dash with nothing improved.
Please help! WHY HONDA? I TRUSTED YOU.
Sponsored

milosays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
those are the two exact places I have rattles also. I initially thought the seat rattle was in my center console and it nearly called the police on me with all the abuse and pounding i was doing to it to try to squelch the noise. The incessant rattle in the dash has been isolated to the right of the center speaker, and behind and to the left of the glove box, in a place that is hard to reach. Once anyone can help quell these rattles, I don't need to entertain getting a Civic XI (tho I will wait for the mid cycle refresh before buying one, won't buy a 1st gen model again!)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, build quality on the 10th gen is hit or miss. I have an interior rattle in the headliner I've been trying to fix for over a year. It always comes back after my attempts to fix it. My only permanent solution is to turn up the radio

On the other hand, some people have not rattles. Frustrating.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Try lifting up the centre speaker on the dash (If your car has one). They're quite loosely clipped into the dash and the wiring to mine would sometimes rattle against something below when I was driving over a bumpy surface. I foam-taped it and I haven't experienced it since.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
My only permanent solution is to turn up the radio
As one of my friends (who was notorious for driving utter shitboxes) used to say: just activate the mechanic built into the dash. Problem solved.
Sponsored