First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I put the OEM hose back on. Took it for a spin and I couldn't hear the noise. I guess I'll have to contact Mishimoto for a replacement.. Now on to the red liquid in my catch can... I'll have to go to the dealership for that. Hopefully it is nothing serious.

Thanks a lot @Rickmeister 48 and @francomakou for your help! You guys are the pillars of this community.
No problem, glad I could finally help someone out after all the millions of times I needed help. If you have any other problems with that catch can,feel free to message me. I've had a ton of issues with it and managed to get them all fixed, if you smell gas from the hoses at any point,which you will if they are the stock hoses,pm me. Actually,ill pm you to save you some headAches,lol
Sponsored

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So, I put the OEM hose back on. Took it for a spin and I couldn't hear the noise. I guess I'll have to contact Mishimoto for a replacement.. Now on to the red liquid in my catch can... I'll have to go to the dealership for that. Hopefully it is nothing serious.

Thanks a lot @Rickmeister 48 and @francomakou for your help! You guys are the pillars of this community.
you're very welcome

kzrick188

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase

@250GTCalifornia , @Rickmeister 48 , @francomakou did you get this issue resolved w/ the new o-ring? I'm having the same exact issue and waiting on Mishimoto to send me a new o-ring, but as a temporary fix I've replaced the o-ring with a nitrile o-ring of similar size and though the baffle plate is much tighter, I'm still getting the rattle...

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@250GTCalifornia , @Rickmeister 48 , @francomakou did you get this issue resolved w/ the new o-ring? I'm having the same exact issue and waiting on Mishimoto to send me a new o-ring, but as a temporary fix I've replaced the o-ring with a nitrile o-ring of similar size and though the baffle plate is much tighter, I'm still getting the rattle...
I was able to, I'm not sure about anyone else. Make sure that the filter that screws into the top is tight as well as the square shaft the o ring goes on is also tight at the top .

OP
OP

250GTCalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
No, it didn't fix it.

I just turn the music up higher. LOL.

kzrick188

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well at least we learned mishimoto stuff isn't so great.
I tightened up the baffle plate shaft and that was indeed a bit loose. Reinstalled everything to no avail. I doubt whatever o-ring Mishimoto sends me will solve the issue...

Only thing I can think of is the air resonating inside the can causing that noise, but it seems like not everyone is having this problem.

@Mishimoto , any ideas?

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Everyone

Thanks for tagging us kzrick188. Certainly sorry to hear that some of you are running into a rattling issue. We determined that some of the early Civic 1.5T catch cans were experiencing an issue with the bronze filter. We've determined that tightening or replacing the bronze filter will get your issue resolved. Just send a quick email over to [email protected] with your receipt and shipping address, and we'd be happy to ship out a replacement.

Thanks
-Jake

kzrick188

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Everyone

Thanks for tagging us kzrick188. Certainly sorry to hear that some of you are running into a rattling issue. We determined that some of the early Civic 1.5T catch cans were experiencing an issue with the bronze filter. We've determined that tightening or replacing the bronze filter will get your issue resolved. Just send a quick email over to [email protected] with your receipt and shipping address, and we'd be happy to ship out a replacement.

Thanks
-Jake

Thanks @Mishimoto , after getting in touch with support I will be getting a new "bronze filter and V-muffler" shipped over. I'll update you guys when it arrives in a week or so.

dbeer

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
Hey Everyone

Thanks
-Jake
Are you able to provide details as to when these updated parts where incorporated into the kits that are being distributed into the market place. Maybe a better question is for the people that are running into this problem, when did you purchase your mishimoto catch can kit?

Thanks

OP
OP

250GTCalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Are you able to provide details as to when these updated parts where incorporated into the kits that are being distributed into the market place. Maybe a better question is for the people that are running into this problem, when did you purchase your mishimoto catch can kit?

Thanks

I love how they say "early civic 1.5t catch cans." I bought mine a year and a half after they released it and I had so many problems. Must have taken it on and off the car 7-8 times. They require pictures for proof for their warranty procedure as if it wasn't common place now. Don't worry about it, whenever you buy the can you'll get a defective one. I went through the warranty process two times and it's still not fixed. I'm done trying to fix the noise. Just going to turn up the volume and maybe switch it out for a better one when I find it.

I was going to buy their intercooler, but I don't trust them anymore.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea, I'm still waiting for hoses that don't reek from fuel, they have sent me three sets and finally admitted that they all are garbage. Tim at mishimoto said they were gonna have a new batch in may to correct that problem and get them to me soon as they got them. Well,its June now. :(

dbeer

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
I love how they say "early civic 1.5t catch cans." I bought mine a year and a half after they released it and I had so many problems. Must have taken it on and off the car 7-8 times. They require pictures for proof for their warranty procedure as if it wasn't common place now. Don't worry about it, whenever you buy the can you'll get a defective one. I went through the warranty process two times and it's still not fixed. I'm done trying to fix the noise. Just going to turn up the volume and maybe switch it out for a better one when I find it.

I was going to buy their intercooler, but I don't trust them anymore.
That really stinks, this thing is supposed to solve problems, not create new ones :( I hate rattles. I've taken interior trim apart and used the felt parts of velcro to prevent rattles. Im really averse to adding new rattles especially when Im paying for it :). Have you guys researched alternatives?

I also realize that sometimes there are bad instances of a product. I wonder how many people have actually not experienced any issues with their mishimoto catch can. I don't get why the civic one has these issues. It looks like they produce the same thing for many other car models.

Btw, did you guys buy it directly from mishimoto or from a distributor procivic? Thanks for the feedback.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That really stinks, this thing is supposed to solve problems, not create new ones :( I hate rattles. I've taken interior trim apart and used the felt parts of velcro to prevent rattles. Im really averse to adding new rattles especially when Im paying for it :). Have you guys researched alternatives?

I also realize that sometimes there are bad instances of a product. I wonder how many people have actually not experienced any issues with their mishimoto catch can. I don't get why the civic one has these issues. It looks like they produce the same thing for many other car models.

Btw, did you guys buy it directly from mishimoto or from a distributor procivic? Thanks for the feedback.
I got mine from modern auto performance. I can tell you that there are a lot of guys on here who have had the fuel smell issue with this can. The fact that a mishimoto employee told me that their entire stock of hoses were destroyed cause they had the same issue and they were coming out with fixed ones in May,tells me there are a lot of these out there with one issue or another. Yet they keep on selling them.
Sponsored