rattle sound at 3k rpm 21 type r

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Hi

My type r has a rattle in the dash it sounds like that only makes a noise when the engine is at 3k rpm. It goes away outside that rpm. She is a week old and not even broke in yet.

Does anyone in the DFW area know of a good dealer for type r warranty work?

Thank you.
Sponsored

chattanoogaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stinger
Country flag
Sometimes an econobox has dash rattles. Temperature will have a great effect on this and you may notice it more or less in the summer months vs. the winter months.

I can promise you this, you don't want techs tearing apart your dashboard unless you are sure you can fix it.

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Is it a metallic sound if it is its normal its the waste gate or heat shield. My 2021 does it at the same rpms especially when I down shift.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Truth dont have honda touch your shit..you are looking at a world of headache. Try to fix it yourself.

Also an Econobox that cost $40,000+ is not an econobox.....

chattanoogaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stinger
Country flag
Also an Econobox that cost $40,000+ is not an econobox.....
Have you looked at the performance car market lately... $40k is a steal ?

The word "econobox" never really had much to do with the price of the particular performance car, it was more to define the basement cheap ass platform it was based on.

OP
OP
SmokeGhost

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Is it a metallic sound if it is its normal its the waste gate or heat shield. My 2021 does it at the same rpms especially when I down shift.
its like a plastic rattle brought on by engine vibration. im half deaf from my tours so i guess its in the dash behind either the gauge cluster or left a/c vent in the center. if that makes sense.

my 16 mustang gt had a similar noise and i just ignored it with a loud exhaust system. not trying that with this car.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
its like a plastic rattle brought on by engine vibration. im half deaf from my tours so i guess its in the dash behind either the gauge cluster or left a/c vent in the center. if that makes sense.

my 16 mustang gt had a similar noise and i just ignored it with a loud exhaust system. not trying that with this car.
I have that rattle. Someone else said it was a plastic wiring plug for the center speaker making the sound. I haven't bothered yet, but if it's something like that then it sounds very fixable.

OP
OP
SmokeGhost

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
I have that rattle. Someone else said it was a plastic wiring plug for the center speaker making the sound. I haven't bothered yet, but if it's something like that then it sounds very fixable.
ill look up diy videos on dash break down to see if i can tackle it. i dont enjoy dealers and i keep hearing honda has some of the worst experiences.
seeing the service bays at the dealer i bought mine; i would be skeptical at best if they dont make a simple problem worse.

thanks yall

cjreynolds

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi

My type r has a rattle in the dash it sounds like that only makes a noise when the engine is at 3k rpm. It goes away outside that rpm. She is a week old and not even broke in yet.

Thank you.
First gear typically? I have same noise, I think its a heat shield but haven't spent enough time looking for it

OP
OP
SmokeGhost

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
First gear typically? I have same noise, I think its a heat shield but haven't spent enough time looking for it
I notice mostly shifting through the gears. Or if its a rough road with each bounce it rattles. not all the time too. When i have a moment this weekend ill do a tear down.

JmacFK8

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Hi

Thank you.
I have a ā€˜21 and had to fix my passenger side tweeter rattling LOUD with under 300mi on odometer. I just removed tweeter wrapped it in electric tape and re-installed.. all better. I also notice a dash rattle in the center of dash above radio but itā€™s mild

OP
OP
SmokeGhost

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Gonna sound silly. But it was my garage door opener. The case was slightly cracked open and i just snapped it back together. My car as of now at 1029 miles is rattle free.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gonna sound silly. But it was my garage door opener. The case was slightly cracked open and i just snapped it back together. My car as of now at 1029 miles is rattle free.
Thatā€™s pretty funny, but totally understandable. Iā€™ve made those kinds of blunders so many times that, now, if I need to dx NVH, I eliminate the loose everyday noisemakers in the car first, like any extra things that might be scattered around the interior pockets.
Sponsored