• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rattle noise from seat belt fastener, drivers side

leodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda civic touring
I hear a rattle sound when in roads with road vibrations, especially on highway. This is coming from were you adjust the height of the seat belt. I think it is because that fastener is fairly lose. I think that a soft material tape would easily eliminate the noise. I wanted to share this experience in case others have heard the noise. My civic is the touring and the vibration is in the left side of drivers seat where the seat belt height is adjusted.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kev2069667

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic EX Sedan
I have the same issue on both sides. Adjusting the height to the bottom seems to help but it will still make a buzzy noise on choppy pavement. Does anyone know if Honda has a TSB so I don't have to take the b pillar apart myself?

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
My passenger side seat belt bangs/rattles only when my wife is in the seat, it needs some sticky cloth affixed to the belt buckle to reduce banging , not related to what you posted but I thought I would add it.

Lastly, the roof liner was rattling above the driver seat / steering wheel, I stuffed a kleenex into the roof liner and it has not rattled again. ghetto fix.

Dopenutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 civic si
I get this too. I just moved it to the lowest setting and it helped alot. I guess its common.

OP
OP
leodan

leodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda civic touring
I still have the vibration noise. I used to think it was the piece you push to change the height of seat belt but I am now wondering if it is the whole piece, meaning not only the part that is pushed but the whole piece itself. I am still trying to see what will stop the vibration noise.

kev2069667

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic EX Sedan
Someone posted a YouTube fix on the seatbelt adjusters. I'm gonna try it soon. Just waiting on the clips to be shipped.
Also it looks like the dealer did put some fuzzy tape on my belt buckles before I picked it up. So that is the correct fix for that rattle.

BKK Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Tacoma Offraod
Extra credit for having his daughter work the camera, but a demerit for apparently reinstalling the pin that fixes the top of the b-pillar cover incorrectly.

It appears to me that he put the cover between the pin (white) and the sleeve (black). If you look at the pin at 1:55 the sleeve has a groove. That's where the it slots into the round cutout on the cover, so the pin can work properly. It's designed so a half push - to the first stop on the pin - spreads tabs on the sleeve to fix it. Pushing it all the way in releases the tabs for removal.

When he removes the pin at ~5:12, you can see that he had to physically pull it out of the cutout in the cover. When he puts the new one in at ~11:50, he has to hold it in the space, because he didn't use the groove in the sleeve. This would cause the cover to stand off the pillar a few mm's and may have contributed to some of the difficulty he appeared to have getting the cover pushed back snug to the pillar. Also, having the cutout in the cover between the pin and sleeve could make it very difficult to remove, since the pin cannot slide all the way into the sleeve to release the tabs.
Sponsored

Last edited: