Rattle near glovebox

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I've removed everything from the glovebox and there is an annoying rattle. If I out oressure on the glovebox, the rattle goes away. Is there something I can do to fix this without the dealership? If I take it to them, its always "Ride with us to reproythe issue" and then of course the rattle is gone magically when they're sitting in the car.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored

rydereclipse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #889, 2016 Honda Odessey Touring Elite, 2017 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso
Country flag
I've had rattle in the B-Pillars, but I would imagine the process would be the same...

Take apart the offending piece (dash, glovebox, B-pillar, etc) and use foam tape to insulate. You are trying to re-create the reverse pressure from you pushing from the outside, to the tape pushing against the rattling piece from the inside , creating tension on the clips holding it in/down..if that made any sense.

Hopefully that helps

VTECnR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R
Country flag
I've removed everything from the glovebox and there is an annoying rattle. If I out oressure on the glovebox, the rattle goes away. Is there something I can do to fix this without the dealership? If I take it to them, its always "Ride with us to reproythe issue" and then of course the rattle is gone magically when they're sitting in the car.

Any suggestions?
Maybe when you put pressure on the glove box it pushed on the dash above which pushed on the base of the a pillar. Both my a-pillars rattled on the glass during cold stsrts. I took them off and added home window foam (from Lowes) behind them, which fixed it.
Sponsored