Rattle list

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Hi guys,

I thought that I should compile a list of different rattles and a fix for each. I got quite a few and hoping someone would know on how to resolve them. Here I go:

- driver side A pillar: can replicate this by reving to 3k rpm and let it drop at around 2.5k or 2k rpm. Can hear metal frame in there buzzing?

- this one is next to you somewhere around the seatbelt over your shoulder when going over bumpy, roads can't figure this one out.

- this one is somewhere around the shift area sounds like plastic. Can replicate it when reving slightly or pulling out/reversing out slowly from a stop.

-this one is annoying. Rolling the window down half way or slightly. Going over bumps will make the window rattle against the rubber.

Anyone experience any of these?
Sponsored

Last edited:

haojohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Country flag
Hi guys,

I thought that I should compile a list of different rattles and a fix for each. I got quite a few and hoping someone would know on how to resolve them. Here I go:

- driver side A pillar: can replicate this by reving to 3k rpm and let it drop at around 2.5k or 2k rpm. Can hear metal frame in there buzzing?

- this one is next to you somewhere around the seatbelt over your shoulder when going over bumpy, roads can't figure this one out.

- this one is somewhere around the shift area sounds like plastic. Can replicate it when reving slightly or pulling out/reversing out slowly from a stop.

-this one is annoying. Rolling the website down half way or slightly. Going over bumps will make the window rattle against the rubber.

Anyone experience any of these?
I have overhead console rattle very slightly sometimes.

OP
OP

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
yeah same, do you have climate circulation turned on when this happens?

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017, Kia Optima Sportswagon GT 2017
Country flag
- in the middle of the dash or a little bit to the right. It feels inside of the dash. Will appear at exactly 2000 rpm. It feels stronger when cold (winter time)

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
I have the first 3 in your list

A pillar, someone on UK forum disconnect battery to avoid airbags going off and took the trim off and padded it out with foam, job done

Central one could be the central speaker. fixed under warranty, some were missing plastic clips

Ive got used to them now though and must subconsciously block them out!

OP
OP

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I have the first 3 in your list

A pillar, someone on UK forum disconnect battery to avoid airbags going off and took the trim off and padded it out with foam, job done

Central one could be the central speaker. fixed under warranty, some were missing plastic clips

Ive got used to them now though and must subconsciously block them out!
- With the pillar ones, if i rev high while driving both pillars will vibrate like crazy. I think it is the actual metal frame that vibrates rather than the plastic.

- the one with the seat belt, I found out it must not be the seat belt at all but rather the rear passenger windows. To replicate you can knock lightly around the window when it is up until you hear a slight difference in sound. I think this is what rattles when going over rough roads.

- the one around the shift knob I managed to take a closer listen, and it sounds like its inside, nothing you can fix from outside.

Might have to take it on my next service to check it out. Only worried that it will take too long and they will thrash it to replicate it each time :(

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I'm getting a metallic rattling noise when in high RPM. I do have E-Man's modified CMC which does add some NVH. It's hard to tell if the rattling noise is coming from the CMC itself or something else that is loose or something vibrating against each other. The rattling is pretty easy to replicate and will go away once I push the clutch in.

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
check the tweeter mesh piece. 3 of mine are loose. the 2 rear ones are bad and I hear them rattle all the time. My front driver side is a little bit loose but it never rattles.

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
I definitely have the wind issue and the tweeter rattle.

Although mine is not the shift as much as it's the upper plastic that holds the shifter boot, type R button, etc... If you pull up or down on that while hitting bumps = zero rattle.

I think it's time to bust out the good old british car fixes! double sided felt and scissors lol... My Exige is covered in that shit.

HaRDYSi925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
When I bought it brand new the center armrest and storage area would not stop making a cracking sound probably for at least the first 300-400 miles. it drove me crazy because a lot of times I like to drive with the radio off and just enjoy the sounds of my car. But that crackling sound drove me nuts I'm so glad it's gone I just thought since it's a brand new car its still just breaking in the plastics.

OP
OP

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I definitely have the wind issue and the tweeter rattle.

Although mine is not the shift as much as it's the upper plastic that holds the shifter boot, type R button, etc... If you pull up or down on that while hitting bumps = zero rattle.

I think it's time to bust out the good old british car fixes! double sided felt and scissors lol... My Exige is covered in that shit.
Yeah this, when turning on the car and the RPM drops you hear slight rattle around that area where the R buttons are. I tried to hold it down or budge it to a position where it would stop. I think that entire plastic shroud that hold the shifter sits on top of the arm rest and it rattles together by the looks of it.

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
- in the middle of the dash or a little bit to the right. It feels inside of the dash. Will appear at exactly 2000 rpm. It feels stronger when cold (winter time)
I have the same one. Also my ventilation makes a sound that follows the rpm...

18TypeR-13922

First Name
ADM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR, 2022 MDX A-Spec, 2015 Accord EXL
Country flag
At 3000 rpm behind the infotainment screen, worse when its cold outside. Wonder if there's a connector or something behind there that needs to be wrapped in foam.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I only have one rattle/sound when I am drive from the steering column area and only when it’s cold. The rest have been stuff in my glove box and the sunglasses I Store in the driver side grab handle. I guess I’m very lucky. Haha
Sponsored