WhatTheFun

Knows some stuff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Car went back to the dealer today, we will see what they find. I was able to get a tech to do a ride along and he finally heard it. Here's to hoping...

I'll report back tomorrow
Sponsored

WhatTheFun

Knows some stuff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Problem solved!!! It was the shifter cable.

The dealer said that was the last thing they could have guessed, but I have not been able to make the sound since the repair! I'm beyond happy to have finally solved the problem.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

The dealer said that was the last thing they could have guessed, but I have not been able to make the sound since the repair! I'm beyond happy to have finally solved the problem.
:beer: Congrats man, glad they were able to figure it for ya! I know those little rattles can drive you insane...

Wren58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Figured out the rattle was from the mishimoto catch can that I added. Unfortunately it was the dealer that figured it out it was aftermarket so not covered. mishimoto is covering the fix for the catch can though so that's nice.

OP
OP

amarok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
OK, just got back from Honda and the car rattle seems to be gone...(cross fingers). Guess the noise was coming from the dash and vents, etc. I have posted a summary on the work they did to fix this noise issue. Hope this helps others on here... Good luck!

vents.jpg

Awesome man thanks for the post this has to be what mine is. I knew it had something to do with the vents. I'm going to take this to my dealer next time i get an oil change!

dogballs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL Sensing
a while since i have been here so sorry if already noted; i had a rattle on my EXL i got in march; i could create by holding break and giving a little gas; dealer went through everything called Honda and they replaced the shifter cable bushing and fixed it - had entire dash and center piece apart -worried about making more noises but that one was driving my nuts; hope that helps

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Anyone help me with this one. I have a rattle that happens fairly often around the dash/steering wheel. It honestly sounds like it comes from the steering wheel. Pulling the steering wheel back causes the issue to go away, or letting go of the accelerator also clears it. I took it to the dealership yesterday and they laughed at me, said couldn't hear anything, and just left it that way.

Maple7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SE, 2008 Civic EX-L, 2004 Civic LX-G, 2002 Civic LX-G

Yes hearing the same in my two months old 2018 Civic SE around 1800-1900 RPM. Why Honda doesn't fix this design issue?

Maple7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SE, 2008 Civic EX-L, 2004 Civic LX-G, 2002 Civic LX-G
Yes hearing the same in my two months old 2018 Civic SE around 1800-1900 RPM. Why Honda doesn't fix this design issue?
The sound is gone by itself. Now I am confused. It is hard to deal with this kind of intermittent issue.

minitech

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI 4 door
Country flag

WhatTheFun is your car a manual or auto ? I have a SI and its doing the same noise. I think its the cables.