Rattle during acceleration and startup

Mogadee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Mazdaspeed 3, '17 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
I recently had a rattle between 1600-2200 rpms and when starting the engine. This rattle just so happened to manifest the day after having the car at the dealer for oil change, tire rotation and alignment. My first thought was that they didn't reattach the underside panel after the oil change. Brought it back to the dealer, explained my concerns, service writer had a tech take a look and within 30 minutes returned the keys stating that the panel wasn't properly attached.

'Great!' I thought. A simple explanation that I didn't have to worry about.

I pull out, begin to accelerate and I hear the same rattle.... Immediately U-turn and go back in. Grab the service writer and go for a ride to duplicate the rattle for him. At this point it's late and the service department is closing so I leave the car with them for the next day.

That next day I receive the call with the news.. The motor mount came loose and was causing the rattle. They wouldn't specify which mount, nor was it detailed on the service ticket. I was also given the line that they have seen it before on other cars.

I admit, the car feels great now, same as it did prior to that issue. I don't do crazy pulls, with the craziest being my highway on ramp 4th gear jaunt from 40 to 75 mph.

I don't feel that the car may have been compromised by this as it went all of 15 miles between first incident to resolution and was grannied during that time.
Sponsored