PolloPiccante

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
Hey guys i installed the prl v2 downpipe for my fk7. And i noticed theres a loud rattling sound from inside the engine bay. I have a 27won street motor mount that also causes nvh, however i am able to tell the difference between the motor mount vibrations and the prl downpipe rattling. Im not sure if its because i didnt instal the brackets they didnt line up no matter how hard i tried.
Does anyone have any advice? Or at least to trouble shoot where its coming from?
Sponsored

619_FC1

First Name
Julius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
I just installed a used afe downpipe and PRL frontpipe on my 20 si a few days ago. The pass side downpipe bracket fit perfect but the drivers side bracket didn't. I had to drill a hole in the bracket to make it fit. Maybe it needs the brackets? Did you use a gasket between the downpipe and the frontpipe?

OP
OP
PolloPiccante

PolloPiccante

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
I just installed a used afe downpipe and PRL frontpipe on my 20 si a few days ago. The pass side downpipe bracket fit perfect but the drivers side bracket didn't. I had to drill a hole in the bracket to make it fit. Maybe it needs the brackets? Did you use a gasket between the downpipe and the frontpipe?
I did use the gasket, everything was tightened correctly too. I could drill a hole but i dont think theres much room tbh next to the other hole

619_FC1

First Name
Julius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
I rotated the bracket a little bit to make room. Tightened up the one bolt I could and marked where I would drill the other
Sponsored