ZestiCarLover

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Who cares about rarity just enjoy the car for what it is I love mine and enjoy it as much as I can
Sponsored

iDerek2

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm in NYC & I'm in Type R Society - We usually have meets with all the R's so I'm used to seeing at minimum 5-10 Type Rs each time we meet.

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Who cares about rarity just enjoy the car for what it is I love mine and enjoy it as much as I can
Kinda this.

Car is not rare. Was on initial markup, but not now. It's still a very rare car when compared to the number of regular Civics and SI's you see floating around. Doesn't mean the normal person knows the difference, but you didn't buy it too be normal?

In the southern portion of WI, I've only seen 2. Both basically un-modded.

I judge my car based on work. If I ever see a car at work that is mine, I won't buy it,, or will sell mine if someone copies. This goes into modding.

I had a 2012 Sonata 2.0T and a 2016 Focus 5 speed SE. Both "modded" and both looked rare in that aspect.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Granted we saw one drive by the other day and it was not the drivers you expect. Two folks that were way into retirement age. But at this point - with the mark ups - that might be all that can afford it ;)
Hey Now! Us old folk want to have fun, too!
Edit: BTW I paid MSRP for mine in February 2019. Depends on where your live...I guess.

Last edited:

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
So was the s2000 at one point.
So? Has the used market for the S2000 doubled? It's still a depreciating asset.

Honda killed it off because of slow sales.

And please don't post about that S2000CR with 1k miles that auctioned for $76,500. Calculate the time and money spent into that car in 12+ years and I can guarantee you it's not worth the effort put in.

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag

And please don't post about that S2000CR with 1k miles that auctioned for $76,500. Calculate the time and money spent into that car in 12+ years and I can guarantee you it's not worth the effort put in.
Who said anything about doubling in value? I certainly didnā€™t.

This car will hold its value better though, much like the s2000. The s2k forums figured out that roughly 66,000 s2000s were sold in the US market. Have you seen their values today for clean examples? Iā€™m not talking about the one low mile CR, either. That thing is an outlier.

Im sure you're aware the FK8 sold somewhere in the range of 35,000 units world wide.

So not only did both cars have similar prices to start, the Fk8 sold nearly half as many units world wide, meaning thereā€™s what, maybe 12000-15000 in the US and you feel it wonā€™t be a desirable car in a decade plus, that will hold its value well and command much higher prices for a clean example?

Huh.

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
Guess what, if the FK8 had S2000 sales numbers, it would get axed. Honda is in the business of making money.

I just find it hilarious that people are butthurt over their 35k car. Just drive out and enjoy the damn car.

One of the main reason why the S2000 is desirable is because there is no successor to it.

Iilac

Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, CTR, TUNDRA, MAXIMA, CX9
Country flag

Apparently you been living underneath a rock. A EMI SI sold recently for 50K and a S2K sold for 50K. My S2K that i bought 8 years ago, have appreciated slowly but it is definitely not a depreciating asset.

Frackz

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2018 Audi RS3
Country flag
I have three on my street.. boosted blue, black and white. I guess that makes 4 with my red.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Bottom line: over a 10 year period, your money is always better off in the market than in a Honda. However, if you need a car, itā€™s better to drive one with minimal depreciation. So far the CTR has shown to have minimal depreciation. Take of this what you will. You are definitely better off buying a CTR than a base 3 series or A3. You may even come out ahead of buying a loaded Accord or Camry.

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 CW Type R
Country flag
Apparently you been living underneath a rock. A EMI SI sold recently for 50K and a S2K sold for 50K. My S2K that i bought 8 years ago, have appreciated slowly but it is definitely not a depreciating asset.
Both of those are museum pieces and extreme cases. Not exactly your average S2K...

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
Bottom line: over a 10 year period, your money is always better off in the market than in a Honda. However, if you need a car, itā€™s better to drive one with minimal depreciation. So far the CTR has shown to have minimal depreciation. Take of this what you will. You are definitely better off buying a CTR than a base 3 series or A3. You may even come out ahead of buying a loaded Accord or Camry.
Agreed - Even the SI holds its value. I was looking at the used 10th gen market as well as new, and in the end it just seemed worth it to get a new car instead of used. I lucked out and got a left over 2019.
Sponsored