tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Honestly, I only see one once in a blue moon. They're rare enough, but not super rare.
Sponsored

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
Where I am at I have seen one driving through my town. My friend that lives in the next town over said he's seen two; same color, he thought it was me both times but the others didn't have the identifying features of mine, stickers n such. :D I have yet to see those two. The one I saw passing through my town was red. I saw a pmm one in Colorado Springs back in February. As far as I know it's likely I am still the only one in my town. I'm ok with that, but it'd also be nice to have some buddies to get together with once in a while lol :dunno:

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
In Long Island, NY. Heavily Populated, Heavily Congested. In my opinion, id say decently rare. I see wrxs and sti's everytime i blink. I maybe see an R a couple times a month. "Rare" in the general sense.. No... Rare for what it is in comparison to most other general public cars... id say so.

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I think I’ve seen 4 total in the wild. There is someone in town here with a normal civic hatch that has added all of the bodywork from the R. The only giveaway is the tiny brakes. I don’t understand that. For how much he’s spent, he could’ve had the real thing.
I know its their own car and they can do whatever they want but people that do this are just so cringe... its even more sad when people do this to their civics and slap on the Si wing and badges... One guy on the FB 10 gen group swears he could keep up with a type r with his fk7 with a type r body kit all around

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
In Central FL they aren't rare. I see them very often.

Rare is my car and EVOs in general.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
I don’t know if it’s just me, but I feel like they mass producing the the heck of the civic type r! I bought this car thinking they making under 30,000 or even less but damn they planning to do a makeover soon sheesh!! Don’t get me wrong I’m a proud owner of the type r but now I feel like they just doing it to much! Tell me how y’all feel??!!
I feel if you don't modify it and take care of it, later it will be worth something, unmolested.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You also have to remember, this is globally. I think the US has only around 16-17K of the ones produced so far.

In the 3 years or so its been out I have only seen maybe 6 on the road around here.

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
Rarity - and here i came looking for a my little pony!

I think they are rare, but to a certain extent. depends on where you are. LA - everyone has them, other places - not as much.

Granted we saw one drive by the other day and it was not the drivers you expect. Two folks that were way into retirement age. But at this point - with the mark ups - that might be all that can afford it ;)

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355/ 2021 SGP Accord Touring
Country flag
I rarely see any on the highway. I think I've seen 3-4, maaaybe. I probably didn't see my first one, in person, outside of going to the dealer, and seeing one, until last year. But, now, when I get to work, we have 2500 employees in the parking lot. There are 6, just in my parking lot, at work. 2 SGP, 2 CW , 1 RR, 1 CBP. We have a big lot, though, and I dont see them too often.

Lyttle

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
In my location I think I have only ever seen a couple, usually on the highway I see one every so often. I know there is at least one in my city as well but the guy works in the next city over so you don't even see him driving around in it.

busta00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ctr, 2009 caravan, 2018 edge, 2018 F-pace
Country flag
northern cal here. there are 4 in my neighborhood. See them everyday i am out. They are everywhere here.

18TypeR-13922

First Name
ADM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR, 2022 MDX A-Spec, 2015 Accord EXL
Country flag
I'm just outside Philly. In almost 2 years I have seen about 6 others. Including the 2 I saw last Sunday on Delaware Ave near the Ben Franklin bridge. Lots of Si and hatch sport though. Subarus are a dime a dozen.

Galaxythief

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Last week I saw a different Type-R, 5 days in a row. But even then. Youll see 1, you wont see 7. You wont see the highway full of them like a truly mass produced vehicle. That being said I've seen more Type-Rs, than I have Golf Rs. Granted I dont want them to end up being the Dodge Charger of Japanese cars, but making/selling roughly 12k every model year makes it rare enough to make you smile when you see another one on the road.
Sponsored