MidnightMonolith

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Not sure if this is an Si thing or across the platform, but it seems like a platform thing. After reading the other rapid beeping thread from April of last year I've started to pay more attention to my own. Tonight after spending one of my many nights working in the garage I noticed something weird that I can get to repeat 100% of the time and wanted to see if anyone else has noticed/has this.

So I close one of the doors to the car...auto lock beeps...then I just stand there for a second and then move the key fob closer to the car (I held it over the sunroof) and then I get the rapid beeping. The car then does NOT auto-lock after the beeping. I have to use the fob or open the door and walk away to get it to lock again.

Not a super big problem (annoying...maybe), but I was more curious if anyone else can duplicate this "issue" or is my car just special?
Sponsored

RamrodSi

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe
The vehicle thinks the key fob is still inside the vehicle. Try just leaving it in the seat and let it try to auto lock. It makes the same beeping.

Mistborn7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I get this with auto-lock on and go directly to the trunk with keys in my pocket instead of "walking away"

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
From the manual:
Do not put the smart entry remote on the dashboard or in the glove box. It may cause the warning buzzer to activate. Under some other conditions that can prevent the vehicle from locating the remote, the warning buzzer may also activate even if the remote is within the system’s operational range.

OP
OP

MidnightMonolith

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Makes total sense....I guess. Seems like the interior sensor just may be too sensitive. I had the auto-lock on my Speed 6 and never had this happen so I was unsure about this. Guess I'll just close my doors and make a run for it. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Doc_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yup, everything from above. It'll also beep like hell if you get out while the car is running and take the key with you, but only if you close the door all the way. Leave it open and no beeps.

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
I keep mine on a caribiner attached to my belt.

I blame this practice from working too many years in a prison and dealing with keys.

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
I keep mine on a caribiner attached to my belt.

I blame this practice from working too many years in a prison and dealing with keys.
At least you were WORKING there and not a 'guest'... ;)
Sponsored