Ranking most “mature” exhaust set up

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Sorry for another “best sounding exhaust“ thread. Curious what the experts thinking are the better “mature sounding” exhausts. This will likely be matted to catted DP + FP. Figure DP for actual gains.

No drone. No rasp. Just a clean OEM + upgrade. One where you can show up and pick your 2 yo up from school and not look like an a$$. Or go on a date night and not have wifey bitch about it or feel embarrassed she’s in your car. Haha.

Im really itching for an upgrade and factory exhaust is just flat boring.
Sponsored

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Cut out on the stock exhaust post resonator. Loud when you want, unheard when you don't.

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW
Country flag
Sorry for another “best sounding exhaust“ thread. Curious what the experts thinking are the better “mature sounding” exhausts. This will likely be matted to catted DP + FP. Figure DP for actual gains.

No drone. No rasp. Just a clean OEM + upgrade. One where you can show up and pick your 2 yo up from school and not look like an a$$. Or go on a date night and not have wifey bitch about it or feel embarrassed she’s in your car. Haha.

Im really itching for an upgrade and factory exhaust is just flat boring.
Fujitsubo or Sequence Manufacturing if you can afford it with Remark Ti resonated as a honorable mention. If you do want to be on the budget side HKS tend to be on the tamer side.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
As a Fuji owner, it fits the bill on what you're looking for. It's just stupid expensive because of the titanium and carbon fiber tips, neither of which contribute to the actual tone.

But I love it. Dead quiet at idle and when going easy on the throttle......but if you get on it, it sounds amazing, both inside and outside of the cabin. As good as this 4cyl engine can sound without drone imo.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A number of others and I are big fans of Sequence Manufacturing system. I have mine paired with the PRL dp/fp combo and after listening to several different exhausts in person this one came out on top. The valved setups to me are the way to go because they are nice and quiet for cruising but since sequence is boost actuated it sounds aggressive when on the boost. But yeah, a very mature sounding titanium exhaust. It basically made my fun car into being a blast to drive...... oh and no annoying drone.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
#1 choice would be the Sequence. This is BY FAR the quietest exhaust on this car driving normally.

#2 would probably be Fujitsubo.

Sinistah89

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
It’s cute, I guess..
I hope its more than cute, im about to install it in a few weeks ?...

Fujitsubo seems like the most "mature" one, although the piping is smaller than most of the other ones

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Unless you want to spend $3k on a valved exhaust, look into HKS. Both spec L and legamax exhausts are pretty tame and meet db requirements. Fantastic quality too.

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Spoon kinda fits with what you’re describing

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there any fujitsubo equivalent for the regular sport hatch?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
My Borla in "touring" setup sounds pretty tame. But I'm not sure how tame it would be compared to a valved setup, HKS, and the other quiet exhausts. There are other resonated exhausts out there too that were released earlier on.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
this is once again the problem with exhaust threads lol.
mature for one person doesn't mean mature for another.

your best bet once again is to start going to meets or cars and coffee and hear exhausts and maybe ask someone for a ride in one and see what suits you the best lol.

OP
OP
ToofHurts

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
just sucks that the the 2 quietest exhausts (sequence and fuji) are full Ti and costs 3k !!! I don’t feel too comfortable spending 3k on piping. haha. That’s Hondata fuel upgrade / turbo upgrade territory.

I’m kind of leaning towards HKS legamax.
Sponsored