Rank in order your favorite type r color to the least favorite color

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I struggle with the blues. Boost blue is a great color, but IMO it severely clashes with the red accents. I also don’t think it will age as well. I bought the car in my favorite color for it: Champ White. I also really like PMM. Not a fan of black or red.
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I struggle with the blues. Boost blue is a great color, but IMO it severely clashes with the red accents. I also don’t think it will age as well. I bought the car in my favorite color for it: Champ White. I also really like PMM. Not a fan of black or red.
I really wasn't a fan of the red originally, it's grown on me a lot as I've owned it. Black works well to cover up all the craziness of the car's exterior IMO.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Regardless of personal preference, I actually think the flashier and less available the color on a semi-exclusive performance car, the better it ages....at least in terms of retaining its value. Seems to be true across brands/models. For the CTR, obviously the LEs will remain the most sought after down the line.....but after that, I wouldn't be surprised if the BBs are 2nd, even above the classic CWs, just based on being exclusive to the last 2 model years, which may have further reduced production numbers due to COVID + the plant shutting down.

Not that you should buy the car for that reason because these aren't investments. Also interested to see if BB sticks and becomes a staple in future Type Rs or if enough people dislike the sillyness that we go back to fewer classic Type R colors.

But in general, I don't think this car will particularly age well in the looks department regardless of color, as Civics with massive wings and fender flares will look out of place in 10 years when we're surrounded by a sea of super efficient EVs ? but who cares.....I love it.

Litfuse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered CTR
Country flag
Regardless of personal preference, I actually think the flashier and less available the color on a semi-exclusive performance car, the better it ages....at least in terms of retaining its value. Seems to be true across brands/models. For the CTR, obviously the LEs will remain the most sought after down the line.....but after that, I wouldn't be surprised if the BBs are 2nd, even above the classic CWs, just based on being exclusive to the last 2 model years, which may have further reduced production numbers due to COVID + the plant shutting down.

Not that you should buy the car for that reason because these aren't investments. Also interested to see if BB sticks and becomes a staple in future Type Rs or if enough people dislike the sillyness that we go back to fewer classic Type R colors.

But in general, I don't think this car will particularly age well in the looks department regardless of color, as Civics with massive wings and fender flares will look out of place in 10 years when we're surrounded by a sea of super efficient EVs ? but who cares.....I love it.
I agree with a lot that you have to say. The CTR won’t age well, but it will at least look different in a sea of bland styled vehicles years from now. I feel the same way about the new Supra that many people like to bash. At least it’s original, and just for that it appeals to me.
When thinking of the colors offered on the CTR, the BB and SGP seem to be colors that are 2018ish. The blue has been exploited by Ford and VW and now Honda. FCA used a similar gray on many of their cars. Although I like the color on the CTR, it’s a little overdone. I think the CTR looks the best in black and red, followed by white. The LE looks terrible, but I think a deep metallic orange would look great on the car.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
When I was shopping for mine back in late 2017, my ranking was:

1. PMM
2. CW
3. Aegean blue
4. RR
5. CB

I ended up with PMM, and it remains my favorite CTR color. Tempers the over-the-top styling a bit and it's easy to keep clean. CW is great and classic but I've had white cars before. I liked AB but my last Audi was a similar color and it showed every scratch and swirl. RR looks great but I'm in my 50s and driving a bright red sports sedan would scream "mid-life crisis" a bit more than I'd like. Also the bright colors tend to attract more attention from law enforcement types. Black is too much work and gets too hot in the summer.

Of the newer colors, I don't love SGP, it's too dependent on the angle and the light. PY isn't an option because I wouldn't spend for an LE, but it's cool and I'd love to see one in the flesh. Boost blue looks like an easter egg to me, I'd prefer AB if I had to have blue. All IMO of course, and I understand that many people hate PMM, so what do I know?

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
I agree with a lot that you have to say. The CTR won’t age well, but it will at least look different in a sea of bland styled vehicles years from now. I feel the same way about the new Supra that many people like to bash. At least it’s original, and just for that it appeals to me.
When thinking of the colors offered on the CTR, the BB and SGP seem to be colors that are 2018ish. The blue has been exploited by Ford and VW and now Honda. FCA used a similar gray on many of their cars. Although I like the color on the CTR, it’s a little overdone. I think the CTR looks the best in black and red, followed by white. The LE looks terrible, but I think a deep metallic orange would look great on the car.
The black,white and red type r's match the rims,accents,interior the best for sure

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Boost blue
Ralleye Red

then the rest....
Phoenix Yellow
Champ white
Sonic grey
Crystal Black
Aegean blue
Polished metal

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
It's so interesting, BB seems to be an all or nothing color. People either hate it and rank it near the bottom or absolutely love it and rank it first ? seems like the love versus hate delta on even the flashy LE isn't that high and that's probably the most in your face color.

When thinking of the colors offered on the CTR, the BB and SGP seem to be colors that are 2018ish. The blue has been exploited by Ford and VW and now Honda.
Definitely seeing that smurf blue pop up everywhere nowadays. But keep in mind, even looking back at 993 Porsches, I believe the color option that has appreciated the most is the Riviera Blue cars.....probably due to production numbers but I'm sure many just drool over the color itself like me.

Colors are really subjective and they invoke different emotions in people. I can see the same car in white and think "meh".....but some bright blue or red and it makes me smile. Meanwhile, I see something in that fricken neon green and I literally want to puke.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
The black,white and red type r's match the rims,accents,interior the best for sure
Interestingly enough, the rallye red color isn’t a perfect match for the red accents and badging; the accents are a bit darker shade of red :p

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lol. It does look amazing with certain angles and the sun hitting it whilst clean. ?
Yeah the one thing that's a trip about Sonic Grey Pearl is that every time I walk out to my car it's like a new experience because it has so many different colors in different lightings. My favorite times of day is during the early morning or early evening with a certain color that it has and also how it shows angles better. There have been times where I've thought it looked exactly like the greyish colors that are on other vehicle makers, but once you have them side by side there's no comparison. This one is definitely different and unique.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Aegean Blue, Black, Ch White, Sonic Gray Pearl, Polished Metallic, Boost Blue, Rallye Red, LE Phoenix Yellow. AB just has a lot of depth to it.
Honda Civic 10th gen Rank in order your favorite type r color to the least favorite color 20201130_145019

Arch

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Rallye Red (because i bought one)
Championship White (because Race Car)
Crystal Black Pearl (because black looks evil, but I never want to keep another black car clean)
Phoenix Yellow (because look at me, look at me! Im rare as rocking horse shit)
Polished Metal Metallic (because grey, red, black and too 'busy')
Sonic Grey Pearl (because i cant decide if cool or just primer)
Aegean Blue (because Superman and I'm just not into blues)
Boost Blue (because Hot Wheels toy)

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag